Do I need to prebook day dives in Galapagos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
scubaliss

scubaliss

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just curious if anyone has been to Galapagos in the last few years and what your thoughts are on pre-booking (paying) for dives?
I’m doing a land based trip. Not liveaboard. And some of the dive shops list they give discounts of 25-35%!!, IF booked only a week prior.
There’s obvious dive sites that I don't want to miss out on and may prebook. But what are your thoughts on just showing up and winging it to get the discount?
I have 17 days on 3 separate islands. Most of my diving and most time spent (10 days) will be on Santa Cruz.
Any recommendations on dive shops would be appreciated as well. 😊
Thanks for any input you may have.

Just curious if anyone has been to Galapagos in the last few years and what your thoughts are on pre-booking (paying) for dives?
I’m doing a land based trip. Not liveaboard. And some of the dive shops list they give discounts of 25-35%
You’re staying in Puerto Ayora most likely.

My go-to is Scuba Iguana. Very consistent and reliable presentation. Nice rental gear. Professional.

I think you can get such a discount from anyone by booking multiple dives upon arrival.

Gordon Rocks for sure but don’t skip Academy Bay to cavort with the Seals.

Most all readers here cannot imagine doing it land based- it is really a viable option.

You’re staying in Puerto Ayora most likely.

My go-to is Scuba Iguana. Very consistent and reliable presentation. Nice rental gear. Professional.

I think you can get such a discount from anyone by booking multiple dives upon arrival.

Gordon Rocks for sure but don’t skip Academy Bay to cavort with the Seals.

Most all readers here cannot imagine doing it land based- it is really a viable option.
Yea I’m definitely leaning towards Scuba Iguana. They seem to get the highest reviews across the board.

I’m just wondering if they’ll be booked up if I wait until I get there. I’ll be there in April btw, a week after Easter.

I’ll probably pre-book Gordon Rocks.
But for the rest of the dives I could save a LOT of money if I wait until I get there.
I’m just worried I could miss out and not be able to dive if they don’t have any room.
Any idea how busy they are that time of year?

Hi scubaliss -- how was your trip? I'm considering doing a "land-based" trip for a couple of weeks in September. Just starting out planning and appreciate any advice!! A liveaboard there is my entire bucket list, but not quite in the cards this year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom