Do they make a zip seal > ring adapter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

211ratsbud

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Out of curiosity, is there such device? I have a DUI clx450 and use silicone seals. For those extra cold dives dry gloves would be nice. My thoughts were that I liked the hard rings but didn't know enough about them when I ordered my suit. So can I install by way of zip seal a hard ring system?

This may not be exactly what you're looking for but you can install *most* ring systems on the seal part of the ZipSeal. Fitting on silicone vs latex may be the deciding factor but you can always buy a different set of ZipSeals to use with dry gloves.
I use the DRIS pullover ring system with my TLS350 and it works great. Install took about 15-20min and it maintains the wrist seal under the dry glove.

Ok thank you. If anyone else has done this please let me know as I'm exploring options. I like the si tech stuff but I think there might be better options out there

I can't find the thread right now but when I was doing research on dry gloves with ZipSeals, I remember seeing that the Kubi rings also work this way. Highly rated but much more $$$
The reason I went with the DRIS rings is that it's by far the cheapest dry glove system available. I've only used it about a dozen times so far but it has worked perfectly for me. I'm ordering another set for wifebuddy.

I can't find the thread right now but when I was doing research on dry gloves with ZipSeals, I remember seeing that the Kubi rings also work this way. Highly rated but much more $$$
The reason I went with the DRIS rings is that it's by far the cheapest dry glove system available. I've only used it about a dozen times so far but it has worked perfectly for me. I'm ordering another set for wifebuddy.
I had just come across the kubi system. Boy that's fancy. I'd like to give that a shot myself...

KUBI system works very well with zipseals although I install them on latex seals as opposed to silicone seals. They actually should work on silicone seals just fine but I find silicone seals to be softer/less durable so I used latex seals instead.

Gear Review: KUBI dry gloves system - wrecklessdiver.com

DUI does not recommend using ring systems with the silicon ZIP wrist seals. I had a pair of the silicones for back ups and returned them for latex when I read that DUI does not recommend them for ring systems, I use the Viking Classic Rings.

I am guessing that the silicon is soft enough and stretchy enough that the seals tear or twist when trying to install the ring system. $150 a pop is an expensive experiment.

The Viking rings install on the latex seals easily with the use of a little lube.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom