Do you carry any safety equipment??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basic items like knife, whistle, short section of line...
Also always; small dive tables, and an old strobe light I've had for years.

Note; got strobe after the dive boat broke free from anchor in 4ft seas... and drifted 100yards off site. Wanted to always make sure I'm seen next time
15 mins before picked up... never needed since but won't go without it :)

3-7 on every dive.

Whistles are pretty useless based on a study done a few years ago. It doesn't take much distance for them to be ineffective.

Having been separated from my Liveaboard boat when it broke it's mooring on a night dive, and the crew doubting my wife's assertion that they did not have everyone back aboard, my whistle screaming in the dark was the only thing that got the crew back in the chase boat to come look for me and my buddies over 1/4 mile away. Ineffective? I don't think so.

Just bought a very cool new led flashlight (Suprema) that can be set to flash like a strobe in an Ibizean nightclub. Love it.

It's a legal requirement here that divers carry a sausage, knife and whistle. I add EMT shears and a mirror. The shears get some use.

SMB with spool, divealert, knife, shears, whistle, mirror, tables,light, every dive.
2nd light, strobe, jonline depends on conditions.
Looking into dye and ePirb or nautilus and flares

DSMB between back and plate and reel
dive alert
light on harness
knife on harness
knife and shears in wetsuit pocket
will add a mirror when I find a decent one

Now depending on the dive I might add:
Light/lights to harness and or wetsuit pocket
spare DSMB and spool in wetsuit thigh pocket
spare mask in pocket
lift bag clipped to harness
slung 13 cf pony bottle

I always have my SMB, reel, whistle, mirrior, knife, small flashlight and EMT sheers.

talking about SMB, what size do you guys carry?
I am presently using a Halcyon 4.5 ft x about 6" closed circuit DAM. That's the max that comfortably fits in the bend of my DiveRite aluminum plate. As soon as I pick up a Halcyon aluminum plate, I'm moving to the 6 footer. My steel plate is Halcyon/Scubapro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom