Do you love Nudis? The Southern California Nudibranch Lineup cards are now here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just received my nudi reference cards. These cards are amazingly high quality and made with very durable lamination. I can't remember the last time I was this excited over a piece of dive equipment. I dive a lot and see nudi's all over the place. Over the past three years of looking at these slugs, I only remember the name of ONE nudibranch. I know. My memory sucks. With these cards now, it's gonna be a whole new ballgame, and I'm confident that I'll FINALLY be able to start learning the names of these creatures as well as remember them much better. These cards are going into my dive bag from now on, and they're water-proof. Thanks, Ken, for finally getting around to putting together this reference tool with your well-known photographs.

Got mine yesterday. I am glad I bought two sets and will buy a 3rd for my favorite dive boat to keep on board. These are really nice and well thought out. Thanks Ken for filling this need so well!

Thanks everyone.

I'm already into the second printing - you guys have been great. Thanks for the tips, too. I'll be putting out a third card before Summer with some of the great suggestions I've received employed into them. Side two of the third card will have lots of additional information, diagrams, a glossary of Sluggy Terms and some other useful info.

Seriously - I'm so thrilled you like them. I really hope they get tons and tons of use.

Thanks again!

---
Ken

Haven't seen ours yet, but I'm sure it's on the way. Can't wait to check'em out. Oh yes, and dibs on the third sheet too!!!

What is it about nudies that captivates us? I can sit there and watch them loll back and forth all day long.

>>>>>>>What is it about nudies that captivates us? I can sit there and watch them loll back and forth all day long.

I was on a 3 day trip to the northern islands last summer, and viz was crap everywhere. Was the best thing ever for my macro skills and looking for the small stuff. It made me look for these guys (actually, I was diving with the Nudi-whisperer so she also found lots of great stuff for me) and I was amazed at what we found (7-8 species on one dive). The fact that they are bright and colorful helps, and for pix they move real slow, plus the wide variety that we have locally makes them a fun subject.

I was on a 3 day trip to the northern islands last summer, and viz was crap everywhere. Was the best thing ever for my macro skills and looking for the small stuff. It made me look for these guys (actually, I was diving with the Nudi-whisperer so she also found lots of great stuff for me) and I was amazed at what we found (7-8 species on one dive). The fact that they are bright and colorful helps, and for pix they move real slow, plus the wide variety that we have locally makes them a fun subject.

Who's the Nudie Whisperer? Is it Robin in Orange County? She always found nudies where I could have sworn I've gone through with a microscope.

Now is the time, too. In March there is an explosion of Nudis on the islands. Catalina gets the Janolus starting now. Look on all the large kelp leaves that are on the ground. The RTD's (Red Tipped Dorids) go off right now at Catalina, too. The baby Trilineata's should be on the SueJac by now, too.

Anacapa is just silly with baby Nudi's in March. West end, Coral Reef - you'll see zillions in March. We're there this Saturday (fingers crossed no weather....)

I can't wait!

In May its all about the Hermissenda's. Chamber day is usually a mass Hermicide on Catalina.

Spring diving in SoCal is my least favorite time of year, but on the front of it (March / April) we get some great Nudi peeping in.

-K

Who's the Nudie Whisperer? Is it Robin in Orange County? She always found nudies where I could have sworn I've gone through with a microscope.

I'm not sharing :D

Here's one she found for me. Thats my fingertip in the photo:
VisionSantaCruz002rev1.jpg

The cards are fantastic!

They probably helped book sales as well.

Richard

The second printing just arrived.

All pending orders will go out today.

Thanks, everyone!

-Ken

Back
Top Bottom