Do you need a Wet Suit for 60ft in the Carribean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wet suit in the Caribbean????? That's just crazy talk!!!

*Pic deleted with extreme prejudice*

ban_him_sm1.jpg

OP here. This thread sure spun out of control. Back from my trip. No wetsuit needed for me. I did wear a polyolefin long sleeve rash guard and that added a little warmth. Otherwise I didnt feel cold at all. On the other hand I did see 2 women on the trip with chattering teeth after a dive in 3mm shorty's. It was cloudy that day so no sun to warm up.

Wet suit in the Caribbean????? That's just crazy talk!!!

You sir will be getting the bill for the eye bleach I was forced to use. I may also require counseling as the horror of viewing that picture has caused me distress.:D

Good for you. As long as you have natural insulation you don't need a wetsuit. On a few dives I wore a long sleeve rash guard and swim shorts. I do however prefer my 3mm full suit as jellies show up out of nowhere. In a 3 mil you're body temp is simply perfect when in the water and helps with your air consumption. If you were spending a lot of continuous time in the water your body temp would have been an issue in only a rashy but 2/3 dives a day for less than an hour each and 1 hour surface intervals is not a problem.

Yes, your body's core temperature will drop with repetitive dives over several days. I recently dove in Bonaire and at first dove in a dive skin then a 3 mm shorty. By mid-week, I was cold and switched to a full 3mm wetsuit even in 85 degree water.

doubt it.

like you said - go without it and see and work it up.

7mil will def not be needed.

As I stated earlier, I was diving in ocho rios jamaica, the water temps were warm up to 160ft without any change in temps. No wetsuit was needed. Was great!!! Also it was march break so it was 29c every day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom