Does Air Come Out of Your Eye?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does the air come out of your eye, or does the air come out from your tear duct or from around your eye?

If air comes from out of your eye, you're in big trouble!

If the air comes from out of your tear duct -- well, everyone else has already talked about this.

If air comes out from around your eye, you have an acquired or congenital connection between your sinuses and your orbit. This is usually an acquired problem secondary to a blow-out fracture. When someone is punched in the eye, the eye fractures through the floor and wall of the orbit into the sinuses - "blow out fracture."

I know an OWSI who can blow air out his eyes (tear ducts)...y'all are the lucky ones who can go diving with (i.e. equalize) swim goggles.

Damn ...I'm in big trouble, I guess. Have never had a blow-out fracture or any other injury to the orbit for that matter. I'm just a freak.

Blow it out your eye, I say !!

'Slogger

Doc Harry:
Does the air come out of your eye, or does the air come out from your tear duct or from around your eye?

If air comes from out of your eye, you're in big trouble!

If the air comes from out of your tear duct -- well, everyone else has already talked about this.

If air comes out from around your eye, you have an acquired or congenital connection between your sinuses and your orbit. This is usually an acquired problem secondary to a blow-out fracture. When someone is punched in the eye, the eye fractures through the floor and wall of the orbit into the sinuses - "blow out fracture."

I think it comes out of my tear duct, kinda hard to tell though. I used to box alittle but never had any serious injuries from it. I'm pretty sure it's been as it is my entire life, I'm not worried, it may be my only god given talent...did I get ripped off or what?:shiner1:

this truly is awesome

a couple of friends and i where sitting around smokin and one of my friends blew smoke out of his tear duct. really weird to watch

:lol: I knew someone from my college days who had a ruptured eardrum and could blow smoke from out of one EAR! I kid you not! Hilarious!

Now I don't know nothing about no air coming out an eyeball. But I do know that I routinely squirt water out my eye and into my mask when I equalize. No S#@t!

Brandnew2Scuba:
Of course I have to take off my mask for the bubbles, but with mask on I have to really squeeze my eye shut to equalize. I'll have to find someone with a camera so I can post a pic of it up here. I've heard about the milk guy from people asking me if I can do it, I can't, just air. I kind of wish I could do it out of both eyes, that would look cool, and I could scuba with goggles as I could equalize both eyes. :wink:
You are not the only one. Can do both eyes, and could spray streams if I wanted to. Mine is from some damage I did doing commercial diving (diving when I should not have). And you can transfer infections. I think I can whistle a tune if I tried.

Just one of many body parts I seem to be loosing with age.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom