Does Roatan have the Fourth of July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Or do they just skip from the 3rd to the 5th?

I'll let y'all know if they get that sorted out over on Twit Advisor.

Every year that question is posted on the Cayman Islands Trip Advisor Forum, which is pretty funny since Cayman is a British Territory. There's a picture of the Queen on Caymanian money.

I always wonder why anyone would expect the Brits to celebrate losing the American War of Independence?

But as it turns out, the first Monday in July is an annual public holiday in Cayman because it is their Constitution Day. So sometimes, like this year, there will be fireworks on July 4 in Cayman.

Reactions: Doc
Hmmm, that's almost as likely as asking if they have 4 July in Havana.... ...almost....

It turns out that Roatan DOES have a 4th of July. Silly buggers celebrate it on September 15.

The Cubans celebrate it May 20.

So is 25-27 July, the anti 4th July in Cuba?

Yes. It is July 4, 2016 in Roatan right now (at least, that's what my computer and camera are telling me).

This is some of what I saw today:

ccv_seahorse_4july2016-resized.jpg
ccv_toadfish_4july2016-resized.jpg

Visited Calvin's Crack, did you? That looks like Thib, the Cajun toadfish :yeahbaby::giggle::rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom