Does Roatan have the Fourth of July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Visited Calvin's Crack, did you? That looks like Thib, the Cajun toadfish :yeahbaby::giggle::rofl3:

Sure did! Nice fish ID! Didn't ask him for his license, but I'm sure the wanted posters all point to him.

Pointed out Media Luna to some folks on the boat (who like more, shall we say, upscale?) on the way to the crack.

Fair amount of surge today. The night dive was full of those red swirly worm things, and more pajamafish than I can identify. Travel fins not working very well, quite inefficient compared to the split fins. Most of the time, that's perfectly fine--except for fighting the surge up the CoCoView chain. Got to hug the grass (and maybe stick your hand on an eel), kick like mad, then, grab the chain and hang on for dear life as the surge goes the other way.

Wouldn't it be awesome if conditions could ALWAYS be perfect??? I have put together some really fun group trips in the past few years. I can be completely organized and have all the i's dotted and t's crossed. But even with all that, I have not yet found a way to control the dive conditions :confused::mad::oops:

Yes, Media Luna is about as upscale a resort as I could hope for in a Roatan dive trip. We are always happy to go back! I think the comfort of the resort, location and unique dive opportunities make it the best thing since CocoView :)

Doc,

I don't mean to hijack, but...

This is not the fish you're looking for.
P7060094-flounder-resized.jpg

You can go about your business.

Move along.

P7050024-redhind-in-sponge-resized.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom