http://www.diveheart.org/

Don't Buy Bottled Water! Pass it on.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorite are the people who throw their still burning cigarette butts out the window of their car while moving, nothing like ending up with a lit cigarette in your lap because you're enjoying the fresh air with your window open

My favorite are the people who throw their still burning cigarette butts out the window of their car while moving, nothing like ending up with a lit cigarette in your lap because you're enjoying the fresh air with your window open

And not to mention that those filters don't degrade that well either!

My favorite are the folks who toss them on the ground before entering a building. When I see this I'll always say "Sir! Sir! You dropped something!" They look around for their wallet or keys for a few moments...and then ask "what/where?"

When I point out the cigarette butt they usually get all pissed-off.

If I'm in particularly good mood I'll pick it up and follow them into the building..."Sir, sir!"

My other favorite is the people who toss lit cigarettes on the ground when getting out of their car. Cigarettes being as expensive as they are I hate to see people waste them, so I'll pick them up and put them where the person who lost them will be sure to find them when they return...like on the hood or roof of their car...or if it's a little breezy I'll secure it under the wiper on their windshield. Surprising how hot those little buggers are...and how delicate automotive paint and glass can be with a lit cigarette laying on it for a while.

I think it should be made legal to beat the @#*$&% out of any &*%#^()* who demonstrates a true need for said beating.

My other favorite is the people who toss lit cigarettes on the ground when getting out of their car. Cigarettes being as expensive as they are I hate to see people waste them, so I'll pick them up and put them where the person who lost them will be sure to find them when they return...like on the hood or roof of their car...or if it's a little breezy I'll secure it under the wiper on their windshield. Surprising how hot those little buggers are...and how delicate automotive paint and glass can be with a lit cigarette laying on it for a while.

Amazing! People will risk being shot or arrested over some litter.

Amazing! People will risk being shot or arrested over some litter.

It's not the littering that bothers me, it's the arrogance.

Nothing says "f--k you" like flicking your cigarette out your car window or on the ground before entering a building.

litter.jpg

Wanna really get me going? Flick your cigarette onto a beach near me. If you do, better be sure you put it out first, because you're going to be getting it back. Haven't been shot or arrested yet. There was one guy a few years ago who complained to the lifeguard, who asked the guy if he wanted the police called. An officer arrived surprisingly quickly.

The officer asked the guy what happened. The guy vociferously explained to the officer exactly what happened. The officer explained to the guy that if he wanted to press the matter that it would be taken very seriously, and asked the guy if he indeed wanted to make an official "statement" about the situation. The guy very smugly said yes...

My turn next, as the officer asked me if I concurred with the other guy's account of the incident, and whether what he claimed happened was factually correct. I said that it was. "In every respect?" --- "Yes sir."

The officer then asked the other guy one more time if he was certain that he wanted to press the issue, which by now he was taking great delight in. I felt bad when the guy said "yes" but as a resident of the town, I knew there was nothing I could do at that point to stop what was going to happen next... other than watch as the officer issued the other guy a summons - carrying a $275 fine and mandatory court appearance - for littering on a NJ beach.

Seems it was not so much the other guy's own confession that sealed his fate, but the fact that had managed to have a witness - me - stay around and corroborate his account of the offense.

50854936.jpg

I used to pick up the butt and walk up to the person who dropped it.

"You dropped something!" When they stuck out their hand, I gave them their cigarette butt.

A friend and myself were walking out of a building and the wind was blowing toward us, in front of us by about 15' was a couple, smoking. The girl flicked her cigarette into the air and the wind blew is back and it hit my foot. She turned around about 5 steps later and said "Oh my I didn't realize you were back there!" My buddy responded "Thats OK! That's how smokers are!"

Was classic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom