(drumrole) Yet Another DIR Question!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"depends"

mine is ALWAYS under the harness because I find it too
uncomfortable to arrange over.

wearing a dry-suit you don't want to risk the belt dropping
off and leaving you, suddenly, VERY bouyant so I'd suggest
under.

with a wetsuit, you want to be able to ditch the belt so
provided you CAN, it might not matter how you rig the belt.

What sort of weightbelt do you guys use, when you use one under your backplate harness. I am trying to find a decent weightbelt thsat will allow me to wear me weightbelt under my harness but since i carry 6 kg on my belt i cant just tighten my harness around a normal belt containing lead (shotbags or otherwise). Cheers

I use a standard 2inch wide webbing for my belt with solid square lead weights. It rides lower on my hips and the harness belt and buckle is right above it. Both buckles are turned off center so that I have one on each side of the middle. Hope this helps.

Ahh, I love DIR topics -- keep 'em comin'.

First question: Unclip the the SPG to read it, unless you have long neck. You'll get used to it. It really starts to get tricky when you have multiple stages, but it will come. The guage will not die if you touch it underwater -- jeez!

Weight Belt: Always under the crotch strap for the same reasons GM said.

Weight belt type: A normal weight belt.

DIR says no computers. They don't make much sense when you get into tech stuff and multiple gas switches, deep stops, etc. My own opinion is that they are OK for recreational, shallow, no deco stuff in the Caribean and such. Spend the moola on the GUE Deco Planner, Uwatec bottom timer, Timex watch, and go divin'!

Mike

I agree with Mike. Keep em coming. I never fail to learn something from one of these DIR discussions. Who knows, one of these days, something I pick up hear might come in real handy.

Back
Top Bottom