Dry suits...Pee valves or Depends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi! ok time to get flamed. One from the newb. I have not been down in my drysuit yet, very shortly though. Last week at the LDS meeting I humbly put out the pee question. All the techs screamed 'nappies'. I will not say why as the flames will roast me. But one of the more seasoned mixers came up to me and said kev I'm a SWAT member when we are in WAIT mode we cant move for any reason, we wear nappies in that case. So I said why not just hold it, he said sometimes its cold and you just gotsta go. He gave all sorts of pros and cons for the valve and all sorts of pro and cons for the nappies. For me right now seems cost wins. He has peed maybe 5 times in 200+ dives, many long dives. Maybe his constitution is strong, whatever that means. So he said why not dive a few times, see how you do in regards to elimination issues. O ya I said how do you feel when you go in one. He laughed-try it at home. I guess thats along the lines of clearing your nasal passage with saline.
My decision is to dive a few times with the nappy see how it is. They all have said it does not leak into the underwear. Another new adventured in diving.:D kevin

are you sure he didn't say that he was a Navy Seal?

But I supposed all of you that want to wear your own piss, have at it.

are you sure he didn't say that he was a Navy Seal?

But I supposed all of you that want to wear your own piss, have at it.

Nasty little kitty, no he is a cop, a very good shot, very good diver, probably as good as you, only likable.

See flames everywhere. You guys wear your p/valves too tight.:lotsalove:

Nasty little kitty, no he is a cop, a very good shot, very good diver, probably as good as you, only likable.
and your point is?

See flames everywhere. You guys wear your p/valves too tight.:lotsalove:
No flames.

but this part

For me right now seems cost wins. He has peed maybe 5 times in 200+ dives, many long dives

is an indication that someone is compromising safety to save some cash.

Some people would call that the "nickel rocket" approach. I think that is a bad attituide to have.

add in the fact that the "nappy" person is wearing their own piss.

So I opted to use a pee valve.

So, save some cash...wear those nappies.

Doc Harry, your photos are incredible! The only problem is you're bringing back so many memories and making me SOOO flippin' jealous....

WAAAH!!! I want to go back to Cozumel!!!

Why would there be an argument as to pee valves being necessary or not. For some, it isn't necessary because they never get the urge to pee while in their drysuit. For others, it's a necessity because they overhydrate(there is such thing), they dive long dives, they got cold due to insufficient undergarment, or whatever their legitimate reason. I have never suffered dehydration even though I only pee an average of 3 times a day. I really should drink more.
Point is that for some, a pee valve should be installed. For others, it's not necessary. Can't we all just get along?

Why would there be an arguement as to peevalves being necessary or not.
The topic is pee-valve or diapers, but you knew that right?

For some, it isn't necessary because they never get the urge to pee while in their drusuit.
I guess they can skip this thread then.

is an indication that someone is compromising safety to save some cash.

Some people would call that the "nickel rocket" approach. I think that is a bad attituide to have.

add in the fact that the "nappy" person is wearing their own piss.

So I opted to use a pee valve.

So, save some cash...wear those nappies.[/quote]

Ok I see your point about wearing the wizz, but I'm not on the safety feature, will you help me there please. Also never heard of 'nickel rocket' approach, whats that mean. thanks kev

Ok I see your point about wearing the wizz, but I'm not on the safety feature,
The whole idea of picking types of equipment to save money. If someone does it for pee-valves, then they are probably compromising their gear in other places.

(Pee valves can be found cheap, and condoms are ~ $2)

Also never heard of 'nickel rocket' approach, whats that mean. thanks kev
See above.

(The idea is that if you tried to save nickels to build your rocket, the end result would be a cheap crappy rocket.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom