Dry suits...Pee valves or Depends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Jeff's just saying that, if it's difficult or uncomfortable to urinate, you'll skimp on hydration in order not to have to do it, and hydration seems to be a significant factor in preventing DCS.

I don't know the origin of the term, "nickel rocket", but it's used to refer to someone who will take the cheap way out.

Thanks Jeff/TSand M for the rocket thing. I dig the 'be careful' not to cheap out on the life saving gear. I'm not sure if a pee valve is a life saving piece of equipment. As Jeff says it probably would feel more comfortable. I'm starting to feel something for the ladies here. Are you girls mad at the boys for scrapping over this yet.(discussing). About cost factor, what is the best way to have it done, I have a Whites tri-lam. Have the LDS do it or can it be done yourself. ?This might be for another forum. kev

Thanks Jeff/TSand M for the rocket thing. I dig the 'be careful' not to cheap out on the life saving gear. I'm not sure if a pee valve is a life saving piece of equipment.
I'd call it dive-saving gear, not life-saving gear. :)

As Jeff says it probably would feel more comfortable. I'm starting to feel something for the ladies here. Are you girls mad at the boys for scrapping over this yet.(discussing).
This might blow your mind, but girls have their own options - nappies and she-P's. A discussion in another forum...

About cost factor, what is the best way to have it done, I have a Whites tri-lam. Have the LDS do it or can it be done yourself. ?This might be for another forum. kev
It's been discussed a lot on here, and the general gist I get is "whatever you're most comfortable with doing" - some people feel queasy about taking a hole punch to a $3k drysuit and can't look... others grab the glue and have a go. :)

I'm not sure if a pee valve is a life saving piece of equipment.
Depending on the dive, the ability to "let loose" could be considered important. (I've heard of and known divers to blow off some deco to do some business)

Now, the choice of diapers vs pee-valve is personal preference.

Have the LDS do it or can it be done yourself. ?This might be for another forum. kev
10 minutes with a soldering iron. Easy Peasy.

I've ended many dives early because of having too relieve myself. They say too stay hydrated, but with that comes exhaust of said fluids. My OW instructor wore a diaper, but I was taught years ago not too pee myself. Also, not real keen on the idea of stewing in my own juices. Why not a p-valve? You can pick one up for around $100-$200 and the lds may put it in for nothing, if not, they are easy too install yourself. The first time I had mine Mr. Johnson had a little stage fright, but once he opened up too the idea of relief, he's never had another issue. It's just another part of diving. My first was $100.00 installed, they have since become a little more expensive, but IMO it was the best money I've spent on diving comfort!! You will not regret it.
Joe

The topic is pee-valve or diapers, but you knew that right?

I guess they can skip this thread then.

Start at the beginning and you'll notice(or not) that the topic switched to pee-valve or no pee-valve.

You're right about those of us who need to skip this thread though. I'm out of here.:shakehead:

Hello everyone!

Does anyone have experience installing a P Valve on a neoprene drysuit? Is it possible and is it any different than installing it on a shell dry suit?

I am a warm water recreational diver and I want to move to tech longer and deeper dives and move to drysuit diving. I am planning on purchasing Poseidon's new Flexisuit. The material of the suit is "3 mm HD neoprene super stretch with a very durable Armatex nylon on the outside."

I know this is not a thread regarding Dry Suit Selection, I am providing this info beause I am looking for information regarding P Valves on neoprene suits of this type.

Any info guys and gals?

Thanks allot.

P-Valve. I "P" 3-4 times a dive at least. Depends wouldn't cut it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom