Dryglove Systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taath

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I am getting ready to purchase a new drysuit. The suit I am looking at comes with the SiTech quick cuff system with the older round rings.

Looking at my dry glove options for this system. Looking specifically at the Glove Lock QCP. Looks like an easy system to use. Anyone ever tried it? Feedback?

Also have the option of the Quick Glove system. That looks a little more cumbersome, but feedback on it would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

I have the bayonet mount Viking system on my Santi... I have a love/hate relationship with them. They rely on a "captured" o-ring in the cuff to seal. The problem is, it's poorly "captured". I lost one of the rings on about the second day I had the suit. Neither Santi, nor Viking, nor the dealer will tell me what size of ring it takes. Out of frustration, I went to an industrial supply place. They measured the remaining one, and after three tries, we found one (97mm x 3mm) that works, but it really doesn't stay in at all. I carry spares in about 5 places.

However, once on, the gloves are rock solid and low profile. I have actually stopped wearing wrist seals which makes undressing much easier, and keeps my hands much warmer.

I had the same thing happen with my Viking rings, but I had better luck in finding a replacement. Like 89 cents per. I called Viking first and they sent me some. I found Viking has two sizes of o-ring that fits in that seal - the hazmat suits use a thicker o-ring which takes three hands to get the glove on, which is what they sent me. There is a part in the system in Sweden, he was going to try to get it orderable in the US.

However they are much easier to get on and off (with the right o-rings) than the SItech system, and they are retained more positively.

I have the Kubis, not latest fitted version, been using for over three years IIRC, not one leak. As a consequence I'd recommend them. They now make an even smaller ring at 70mm. The fitted version is supposed to be pretty slick and allows in field wrist seal replacement. I know they had some leaking issues when they first released the fitted version but I believe a change in one of the O ring sizes solved the issue. I'll get them fitted one day when funds allow.

Taath, I have the exact system you describe on my Santi, about 250 dives. Ive dove it with just wrist seals, as well as with the dry gloves. It's been flawless except for 1 or 2 user errors. It is nice to be able to dive without the dry gloves with out doing any reconfiguration, simply leaving the gloves off. It's also great to be able to take the gloves off during surface intervals.

Consider KUBI rings - amazing dry glove system and not as finicky as the SiTech system. They fit onto your existing cuffs.

Thanks. I'll check it out. I would just need to replace the ring with the Kubi ring and glove?

Taath, I have the exact system you describe on my Santi, about 250 dives. Ive dove it with just wrist seals, as well as with the dry gloves. It's been flawless except for 1 or 2 user errors. It is nice to be able to dive without the dry gloves with out doing any reconfiguration, simply leaving the gloves off. It's also great to be able to take the gloves off during surface intervals.

Thanks C Dub! Which one? The Glove Lock QCP? Looks like you just put the glove on and twist the ring to "lock it."

I have the older, round, SiTech rings, and the Glove Lock QCP.

Glove Lock QCP - Dry Gloves Solutions - Products - SI-TECH

Thanks C Dub! That's the one I am looking at. My suit is coming with the SiTech round rings. From what I gather after watching videos on that, you have to remove the "stiff ring" that the suit comes with and replace it with a different ring, correct? From your previous reply you like it, I presume?

Seems like it is super easy to get on and off, fair assumption? Also works well without the dry gloves on?

Back
Top Bottom