Drysuit Ideas...pinnacle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

misha2

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking to buy my first drysuit. I am interested in a pinnacle evolution 3. Front zip. I only have about $900 to spend and this one is used and fits in that price. I can't really find much feedback on that brand so any comments would be welcomed!

I second Dive Right In Scuba they will help you with anything you need

Looking to buy my first drysuit. I am interested in a pinnacle evolution 3. Front zip. I only have about $900 to spend and this one is used and fits in that price. I can't really find much feedback on that brand so any comments would be welcomed!
I am not familiar with the evolution. I have the Black Ice.

Is it wool lined? How old is the zipper? Some of them had the zip go out "early", and they are putting a different kind in now.

Have you tried it on? Remember, you will need room for lots of layers if you are diving in cold waters.

The Evolution 3 is a solid entry level drysuit. Having said that, with any used suit be sure to inspect the seals, zipper, and give it a good leak test. That information will give you an idea of what you're dealing with. Most often seals need to be replaced every year or two so questionable seals wouldn't be a deal breaker. The zipper on a drysuit is like the transmission on a car when it goes it's a little pricey to replace so that should get a bit of scrutiny.

Back
Top Bottom