Drysuit......sidemount.......mess

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Def on that. Most people don't like my single necklace for two regs. I do and that's all that matters for me.
Huh, what does a single necklace for two regs look like? When do you put it on, with the left tank or right tank, and then plug in the other reg? Or do you have the necklace around your neck only, attach each tank and plug in each reg?

I feel like my upper chest is area is so clustered it would make a Cave diver cringe. I have the drysuit inflator, second stage on a necklace cinched just below my chin, chest strap, inflator hose clipped off below the chest strap, and hose galore. I was messing around in the pool for a couple hours, frustrated on how uncomfortable I was and how unsafe it seemed.

I hear you. I had the same experience messing around in the pool, which is why I still haven't done a cave dive in a drysuit.

Chest strap? For what reason?

Somehow I have been able to dive without one and it has never ever become a problem. Maybe your dives are different... but are you sure that the risk of shoulder straps magically wandering away is a real risk? This would be worth a test dive.

An inflator can be positioned in many places. Some people seem to position it on the belly. Mine is clipped to the shoulder D-ring. Rigs do differ, as do people.

The inherent problem with both the 75 and 100 are those plastic buckles that take up most of the real estate causing everything to be clustered in the chest area. Dive a rig without those stupid plastic buckles and you will be amazed by how much more uncluttered your chest area becomes.

That was a problem with my Nomad as well. I fixed it by removing the sternum strap altogether and replacing it with a bungee and bolt snap that I clipped to the lowest D-ring on the right side. That put it well below my drysuit inflator hose. I then used a piece of bicycle tubing to affix the inflator hose to the bungee, which moved it lower as well. Cleared up the area around my inflator and necklaced second stage nicely ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My rig is a little unique. DR-Nomad.
I have a viking HD-drysuit, with inflator on lower left rib cage.
My suit LP hose crosses from the right tank.
would be nice to be in center of my chest, but I'm not about to cut new hole in my drysuit to move it.
BC inflator on left tank.
I use a 7ft hose on right tank, around my neck.
Short hose with 90° elbow on left necklaced.

works for me

Huh, what does a single necklace for two regs look like? When do you put it on, with the left tank or right tank, and then plug in the other reg? Or do you have the necklace around your neck only, attach each tank and plug in each reg?

imagine a necklace with 2 holes into it. OR he could have a singles necklace and take the other reg out and swap and put the reg he was using in it. Either way it works for him.

A single neck bungee for two regs can be seen here at 18 secs:

Last edited:
Strange. You need to open this URL: youtu.be/o84rsRrq16M?t=18s

Note that the equipment configuration depicted does not include a long hose. Adding one means either a hose folded along a cylinder (hard to put back) or a hose running across the chest and around the neck (easier to put back but interferes with the suit inflator button). The inflator is only needed during descents however, so there's no big problem here once you get used to locating the button. The long hose is loose and flexible. A tight chest strap could make life harder though.

There is no chest strap connecting the shoulder straps as the diver does not feel he needs one. There is also no wing or vest (just a dry suit and rope) as the river is shallow and shores even more so. It is nice to have extra clutter removed when diving a dump.

Last edited:
A long hose is kind've superfluous if you're diving solo. But this looks like a working dive, which is a different environment than most of us would ever find ourselves in. I can see where the configuration would be optimized for diving in zero vis conditions.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom