DUI CF200 Vs. Whites Fusion??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've recently accumulated roughly the same number of dives on my Fusion as my prior suit, a CF200 (about 350-ish dives), so I can make a good comparison.

The CF200 looked well-worn, faded and had been through a set of seals.

The Fusion looks much better. It's not quite brand-new looking, but definitely not faded, and no worn spots. It still has the original seals that are in superb condition. Durability-wise, it's exceeded my expectations in a big way.

All the best, James

I use my Fusion to teach and train in swift water.., river rapids, safe swimming positions.. that sort of thing. A day on the river is like a year of diving for wear and tear. I was a bit skeptical at first that it would hold up...., but after some pretty agressive use, and I haven't babied it a lick to see how it would do, (no money out of my pocket so no need to be careful) it is still like brand new. I've seen dry suits trashed in a couple days doing what we do...., and there hasn't been a problem.

I just need the time to get a dry hood attached and I'd recreational dive it way more.

Tyler--

Thanks for posting the link to the DUI-Fusion comparison. Was particularly gratified in that I had independently come to the same conclusion as the article. After coming to that conclusion I proceeded to plunk down the money for a Fusion with the new all-stretch neoprene outer skin. Ron Ault (Hood Sport 'n Dive, Hoodsport, WA) is a good guy to work with and knows Whites drysuits inside and out. Having now dove the suit several times, I noticed the airbubble not only remains fairlly much even but the suit purges faster than my old USIA suit (which still is a very solid performer) with the same SiTech valves.

I use a Weezle Extreme undergarment, and my flexibility is unhindered. You guys ought to go into cohoots with them Weezle blokes--together you'd be even more unbeatable. Regarding overboots, I bought a pair of XS Scuba no-zip stretch neo boots. Unlike lace-ups, they let the Weezle socks expand to keep my feet warm and are plenty sturdy for walking on rocky shorelines. I hoped they would fit with my XL Jet fins. That part is marginal, so ordered a pair of XXL OMS Slipstreams. Viking dry gloves--easy as pie.

All in all, looks like the ideal suit for anything from recreational fun diving to teaching students students, cold to warm water, local diving to diving that requires airline travel (5.5 lbs dry). And the price sure beat anything comparable.

Thanks again,

Pete

Thanks for the post Pete! I'll be at the Seattle Dive Expo this w/e, feel free to stop by and say hi!

Thanks,
Tyler

Great article!
I only have more praise for the fusion here. I am in the states for a year on a travel assignment and had to choose one of my suits to bring with me. I chose the fusion for it's flexibility and weight. I dived 40 degree water during the winter and recently spent 4 days diving south Florida reefs and wrecks.
About 75 dives so far and I love the suit!

Jeff

Tyler--If I am not diving, I'll be there. Pete

My Fusion has performed flawlessly since I got it a year ago.(Actually I won it at last years Bonne Terre Mine treasure hunt) I have about 30 dives on it at local lakes and quarries and it still looks brand new.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom