DUI zip seals? or SiTech ring system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gotair?

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just tore one of my wrist seals (regular glued on basic seal). I am thinking about having zip seals installed by DUI. The neoprene zip gloves is what I was leaning towards, but I am open to changing my mind if it makes sence to. I mostly dive monterey. I would appreciate and advice, pros cons about DUI zip gloves and other types of dry glove systems. I would like to hear from divers mostly but if you are a dealer or sell the dry glove system you are praising please state that you sell them.

Thank you for your time

I have had both and personally I will stay with the si tech system. Replacement seals are a lot cheaper than zip seals. I didn't care for the zip gloves because they are attached to the suit all the time making it difficult at times to adjust my neck seal or perform any actions that required dexterity and feeling just prior to a dive. Being an instructor that situation presents itself quite often. FYI I sell both systems so no loyalties either way. I just like what I like.

Si-tech with the permanent wrist rings that will allow a seal change on the spot. You can also use silicon wrist seals if you fancy. Easily self installed or you can send it somewhere like Dive Right In Scuba for the change over. I have the Si-Tech Neck Tite system that allows neck seal changes easily. Much more cost effective than DUI's ZIP system.

ZIP seals are nice too, and can accept the Viking wrist system or Si-Tech. ZIP gloves are not something I would want, because they are always attached to the suit, you can't take them off for a few minutes. Since I boat dive a fair amount it is nice to have my suit on for warmth but my hands free to do as I please. Plus when gearing up not having gloves on is nice.

The Si-tech system needs new o-ring when new which stops the leakage issue. There is a thread on here with the part number from McMaster Carr.

Thanks for the replies, I read the thread earlier about the o-ring coming out of the grove. I see that most people went with the smaller o-ring, is that correct? Do I need to have the standered latex seals installed before having the si-tech system installed or is the suit side rings glued directly to the suit? I am a little confused on this.

I have the neoprene Zip gloves and although they can be a pain (they remain on the drysuit and can make gearing up a bit of a hassle) they are great on cold dives. When my hands get a little chilly I just raise my arms over my head and warm air flows into the glove.

When affixed the si tech system lets you change out your cuff, in either case the glove attaches over the cuff seal so that you have a second leak guard. The zip seals are either glove or seal not both (that I'm aware of anyway). The other si tech ring system works with any latex cuff, you use fiction rings inside the latex seal, then the dry gloves ring attach to that, not as nice as permenant one's though, don't think it would work with silicone either. I can't comment on the Viking system other then then it looks easier then the rings but I have not tried it.
I'll have to look into the smaller o ring though, right now getting a good seal on the si tech is a little hit and miss for me.

As I just found out a few days ago, the DUI zip gloves ("blue and orange") also have a model - WD - which stands for "wrist dam" - costs more. This is an extra inner cuff - puncture a glove, and only your hand gets wet - folks are praising the ring systems of Si Tech, but there is also a significant bulk of the ring system, and some lost wrist mobility.

For me, for now, its latex wrist seals, and Fourth Element gloves.......

There still is no "silver bullet".....

Thank you for the replies. I think the zip seals are out. I don't like the fact that they stay on all the time. The si-tech permanent ovel rings and the neck tite system are starting to look better to me. I like the fact that I can pick up a standard seal at a cheaper cost from almost any dive shop and install it on the spot. I am still looking for other systems if anyone has another suggestion.

Thanks for your time.

The Sitech neck seal ring system rocks.

The wrist seal system is OK. It's a little more difficult to change out than the neck, but still quite feasible in the field. Both will accept any latex or silicone seal.

Dry gloves with the wrist ring system have limited options. SiTech has two systems that work; one of them is HUGE, and I couldn't figure out how it mated with the seal rings. The other is smaller and can have the o-ring problems (although it turns out my issue was user error -- once I turned the inner seal ring around, I have had far less trouble with leakage).

The thing I like about the SiTech, instead of the DUI, is that if you tear a seal and you don't have a spare, so long as there is any shop nearby that has dry suit seals, you're good to go. With the DUIs, you HAVE to have ZipSeals, and if you don't have spares or a DUI dealer nearby, you are SOL.

I'm still on the fence, should I buy the oval or the standard si-tech rings. I can't afford it now but I imagine I will end up using dry gloves, I have a feeling they will come up with the glove lock system for the oval rings. After looking at the price for the glove system I may just stick with the pull over gloves. Any other comments about oval vs. round rings?

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom