DUI zip seals? or SiTech ring system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have fun with that. A complete seal being "glued" on is far different than a small repair. So let me rephrase my statement, it is not very feasible to glue silicone. If you can find some magic expensive way to do it, go right ahead. But, there is a reason silicone seals are on ring systems.

Thank you for the replies. I think the zip seals are out. I don't like the fact that they stay on all the time. The si-tech permanent ovel rings and the neck tite system are starting to look better to me. I like the fact that I can pick up a standard seal at a cheaper cost from almost any dive shop and install it on the spot. I am still looking for other systems if anyone has another suggestion.

Thanks for your time.
Be careful with the oval wrist rings. I have very large hands and cannot get them through the opening.

That said, I love the wrist and neck SiTech system. The ability to put a spare neck/wrist seal in my save-a-dive kit means that even if poo happens and one rips, I'll maybe be 20 minutes from doing the dive.

I have yet to add the neck ring from SiTech but I LOVE the round wrist rings on my Fusion. The neck ring is on the "to do" list for sure.

I have the old sitech rigid neck ring on my Bare suit and it's nice. I played with the new sitech flexible nech ring on a santi today it it looked very nice. I'm told there are other solutions than sitech for neck rings, they just are not as good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom