Easiest software for color correcting videos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeggoDiveyDivey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am not the most patient or dedicated with color correcting and recently got the Dive+ app which had 2 main issues - it cant convert 4k videos, and it reduces the resolution on videos which is irritating since the high res 4k ones look amazing. I shoot mainly on a GoPro 10.

I used to make presets on SonyVegas but have since transitioned to something much simpler like Filmora in order to reduce the amount of time it takes. Wondering if anyone recommends other apps or software for the amateur videographer.

Ideally it would be something that does batch conversions but simple ones are great too

Problem is what do you mean by "simple".
The most simple, most powerful and free solution is FFMPEG. A command-line tool!
Nothing is simpler, and FFMPEG can literally do EVERYTHING.
It is also significantly faster doing the processing.
There are plenty of guides online on how to use it.
However nowadays some people are scared by a command line utility.
So some GUI have been developed for FFMPEG, for example this one for Linux/Windows: QWinFF Media Converter
And this one for Mac:
There are many other GUIs, indeed...
Here a video example of what you can achieve with a single command in FFMPEG:

Problem is what do you mean by "simple".
The most simple, most powerful and free solution is FFMPEG. A command-line tool!
Nothing is simpler, and FFMPEG can literally do EVERYTHING.
It is also significantly faster doing the processing.
There are plenty of guides online on how to use it.
However nowadays some people are scared by a command line utility.
So some GUI have been developed for FFMPEG, for example this one for Linux/Windows: QWinFF Media Converter
And this one for Mac:
There are many other GUIs, indeed...
Here a video example of what you can achieve with a single command in FFMPEG:

This is really cool! Although i think with Simple im hoping for a low touch solution that can handle batches of conversion.
With FFMPEG i think the limitations might be that all conversions go through a similar correction, whereas apps have a degree of customization, not to mention the ability to preview/fine tune.
I've been using AquaColorFix - Underwater Photo & Video Color Correction

Need the paid version for videos, but the free version will do about 15s for evaluation. Paid version also eliminates the watermark on stills.

Can't remember how much, but it wasn't unreasonable.

Have not tried it with 4k videos.
Will try this!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom