Eddy Fin material break in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish smaller/thinner booties were the answer for my issue. Any pressure on the top of my foot where the bone spur is (tarsal boss) is very painful. I'll try a cut-out, If it works, that will be a much easier and less painful solution than surgery. Downside will be $$ for a new fin- thanks!
I wound up having foot surgery, tarsal boss shaved, and a lot of damaged tissue removed on the top of my foot and around the tendon. Turns out the tissue had some nasty bacteria and fungus in it, and I'm on long term antibiotics and anti-fungal meds. I'm looking for fins with a softer foot pocket than the Eddy to hopefully prevent future instep injury. I like the Scuba Pro Delta 5 and Mares Trilastic booties. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Cutting an opening in the top of the Eddy fins is also still an option-

I bought my Eddys sized for DUI Rock boots -- they fit the fins with no pressure points. I find that for Caribbean diving, a pair of Under Armour "Kilchis" water shoes fit the same as the DUI's -- I wear a pair of thin neoprene or Lycra socks in the tennis shoes. Bonus: I can wear shoes all the time on the LOB. One thing to check -- is it the Eddy fin pocket causing the pressure, or the laces / velcro of your boot?

I wound up having foot surgery, tarsal boss shaved, and a lot of damaged tissue removed on the top of my foot and around the tendon. Turns out the tissue had some nasty bacteria and fungus in it, and I'm on long term antibiotics and anti-fungal meds. I'm looking for fins with a softer foot pocket than the Eddy to hopefully prevent future instep injury. I like the Scuba Pro Delta 5 and Mares Trilastic booties. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Cutting an opening in the top of the Eddy fins is also still an option-
Did you manage to find some fins that worked for you? I’ve recently had bone spur surgery on tops of both feet as well, operation in Jan-23 and I’m on a Maldives liveaboard in 6 weeks, and currently they’re still a bit swollen. Just wondered if you found a good solution that I can use too :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom