Edmund Fitzgerald

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

canuckdiver once bubbled...

Your'e right, there are better preserved shipwrecks in the great lakes that are easier to get to, but how many of those can you honestly say you remember seeing BEFORE they sank? (I know, I'm old! LOL)

I can remember seeing the Jodrey before she went down, my mom has keeped a daily journal of ships passing our cottage on the river ever since my parents had in starting in 1958 and she still record ever ship she sees.

so who and why bann diving on it its total noncense to ban diving this wreck for to be honest and yes i feel for the lost but there is of no national reason at all to ban diving this wreck maybe we need to puish to make it a diveable wreck , OH I know i sturred up a hornet nest !!!!!!!! but tell me of valide reson this wreck shound not be allowed to dive it just one bodie isnt a valide reson when you look at all the other wrecks !!!

Here is a pic of the Big Fitz!

Here is a pic of the Fitzgerald wrecksite.
Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Here is a painting depicting the storm the Fitzgerald had to endure. Fighting it's way to safety which it would never reach.
Jeff "Great lakes diver"

ok, if u really want to dive it, then do it. if u take ur own boat out, and u can find it, then go for it. Do u really think that the canadan coast guard regulary patrols lake supperior for people diving where it is over 500 feet deep. NO! just go for it if u really want to

Back
Top Bottom