Electronic/Digital Magnehelic Gauge for testing Scuba Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know of a small form factor Magnehelic?

I just answered my own question:
Dwyer makes a "Minihelic".
Model 2-5060 measures 0"-3" and is only 3" in diameter. 6oz weight. Polycarbonate case.

Old thread and you guys are the real experts not me! But since I am shopping for one right now, and just FYI - I came across a blurb in the last few days that is significant to put out there for anyone else shopping for one - with analog Magnahelics the larger the dial size the higher the accuracy. And 4” is the minimum dial size recommended where accuracy is important. I can’t find the link to that assertion right now but I’m pretty sure it came from Dwyer literature. I’ll post a link when I find it again.

Incidentally - I just placed an order for the Dwyer 2003 locally but wondering if the H.A version of the same model (high accuracy 1%) is worth any extra bucks? I don’t expect it to be that much more expensive than the standard version honestly so wondering about it…

There's too much quiver in your lungs for the high accuracy version to make a difference. If you were to make the pump in the thread Regulator test rig you don't need to suck. you might be able to take advantage of the extra accuracy, but it still wouldn't help. If I've got my cracking effort within 0.1", I'm more than satisfied. And you can't feel that amount of difference except in a few controlled situations.
Sorry to bear bad tidings, but you could likely have saved quite a bit if you picked up a 2003 off eBay. The HVAC industry goes through them by the thousands, and it's not too hard to pick up a 0-3" model.

Yeah, I was looking for the small version for a portable test box, but I never ended up buying one.

Agreed about the quivering needle due to breathing pattern - I had a tough time trying to keep that needle smooth even on the standard version. And so I guess I will stick to the standard version only.

I’m getting the 2003 quite cheap locally actually so it’s not a problem really.

Back
Top Bottom