Excellent New Resource - Lock 23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcarter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There is a new website that has been developed by a Morrisburg / Ottawa instructor on Lock 23.

She has done an awesome job of describing the three main routes through the site, as well as sone of the historical context.

Check it out at Morrisburg Dive Sites

Very cool! I especially like the old (before the flooding) photo showing the current day entry and exit points on the "Lock 23 Overview" page.
Any chance she'll be doing other dive sites in the future?

I am not sure, I haven't asked her, but this one is of special interest to her as she lives on the river in Morrisburg and dives this site quite frequently.

I would not be surprised, though, if once she is done the main lock she moves upstream a bit to the Tin Plate factory, as it is sometimes done by those with good consumption and big tanks as a lead in, or by those less experienced as a stand on its own shorter drift.

Pure speculation though.

Back
Top Bottom