Excellent service by Aqualung. Not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks,

I've got Apeks DST with 5th port from Europe. Had number of dives with it in caves. I asked my dive shop to do a service before diving season. They there unable to perform it because of a manufacturing defect on HP seat. Aqualung North America technician confirmed it was a warranty case.

Here is the fun starts.

Aqualung asked for purchase proof and I provided the docs. Three weeks later I've got a refusal because it was not an official dealer who sold me the first stage. I went to Apeks website and the seller IS the official distributor. I asked dive shop to contact them again. Next week I've got an answer - the seller was not authorized to sell regs online.

Aqualung/Apeks - are you doing that bad so you put all responsibility on a customer? Make rules for your dealers and enforce it. Don't make valid customer pay for your internal policy.
It's your product! It was not a batch highjacked by pirates and sold on a black market.

you bought the reg online from europe, so it is grey market. AL has region restricted sales, so if you want warranty support in the US/Canada, you have to buy from an official dealer in the US/Canada. not really any different than if you bought it from Leisurepro. you lose the warranty but get a lower price up front.

Have you tried contacting the shop in europe? they are the ones that should be taking care of the issue for you

Its like you if you bought a pair of shoes from overseas, but then get pissed footlocker at the mall won't exchange them for you because they carry the same brand

you bought the reg online from europe, so it is grey market. AL has region restricted sales, so if you want warranty support in the US/Canada, you have to buy from an official dealer in the US/Canada. not really any different than if you bought it from Leisurepro. you lose the warranty but get a lower price up front.

Have you tried contacting the shop in europe? they are the ones that should be taking care of the issue for you

Its like you if you bought a pair of shoes from overseas, but then get pissed footlocker at the mall won't exchange them for you because they carry the same brand

He is not going to Leisurepro asking for them to cover it. He is going to the manufacturer.

A shameful display by Aqua Lung and their Retailer...

But he bought it through an unauthorized channel by ordering it from Europe to get a lower price. Leisurepro is also an unauthorized retailer for AL equipment. I buy stuff from Leisurepro and if I had an issue, I would contact them, not the LDS i didn't buy from because LP was cheaper. Same situation where iexa should be calling the shop in europe.

He is not going to Leisurepro asking for them to cover it. He is going to the manufacturer.

And they are saying he needs to take it back to where he bought the reg to get it covered under warranty. I fail to see the issue.

For what? For telling someone they should have bought from the LDS if they wanted warranty support through the LDS?That's the risk you take ordering from overseas in exchange for the lower price.
For refusing to service their product sold through their authorized retailer. You know, cheating the customer?

If it was not an authorized retailer that would be a different matter entirely.

If AL has a Canadian presence and Canada has such a thing, perhaps @lexa could take it up in small claims court.

Went to AL website, went to "Find a Dealer", put in my zipcode, got a list of dealers. There is no indication whether that dealer is authorized to sell online or not.

This needs a fix I think.

For refusing to service their product sold through their authorized retailer. You know, cheating the customer?

If it was not an authorized retailer that would be a different matter entirely.

If AL has a Canadian presence and Canada has such a thing, perhaps @lexa could take it up in small claims court.

Except the shop iexa bought it from was NOT authorized to sell it in Canada. same thing if a US customer bought a reg from Europe and tried to get it warrantied in the US.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom