Exhaust valve leaking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cashew

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got my signature series suit delivered in October and took my suit out for a few dives. Every time I come out of the water, my left arm is damp (not soaking wet) from approximately the upper arm to my elbow. We did a bubble/leak test on the suit but didn't see anything, so the thought is that it's the exhaust value leaking. I have tried diving with the valve closed one or two notches from fully open, but it's still damp coming up from a dive.

Is there anything else I can try or is sending the suit back to DUI my only option?

I have seen this from the valve not sealing to the suit. You might try removing it and putting a little silicone grease (not glue!) on the mating surfaces and threads and re tightening. Worked for me.

I have seen this from the valve not sealing to the suit. You might try removing it and putting a little silicone grease (not glue!) on the mating surfaces and threads and re tightening. Worked for me.

Thanks for the suggestion. How do I "remove it"? Just un-screw?

Yep, they just unscrew. Obviously it could be the valve itself leaking but maybe not.

Hi Cashew -

Is your DUI drysuit a QZ - QuickZip? If so make sure and close the zipper all the way. We always suggest to give it an extra pull so the zipper pull is right up against the end. (Yes it does happen).

Another thing to consider the suit squeeze. Sometimes this can draw a small amount of water into the drysuit.

It sounds like your drysuit is under warranty. If the above two suggestions do not apply please contact our office for a replacement valve. Support@DUI-Online.com or 800-325-8439.

Thank you,

Kathy

I found that I need to have my exhaust valve close 3-4 clicks, not just 1-2 clicks, otherwise it leaks slightly. Mine is a Signature Series FLX Extreme.

Awesome! Glad you got it all 'dialed' in. If you ever need anything please do reach out to our Support Team. Support@DUI-Online.com or by phone 800-325-8439.

Thank you,

Kathy

I found that I need to have my exhaust valve close 3-4 clicks, not just 1-2 clicks, otherwise it leaks slightly. Mine is a Signature Series FLX Extreme.

Okay. I'm not scheduled to dive again until next month, but will try out the 3-4 clickturn method to see if that works.

I went through this recently. My left arm was soaked (lots of water poured out after each dive), sent it back to DUI for leak test and to have my original exhaust valve replaced. I dived dry last weekend for the first time after getting my suit back with the new exhaust valve and my left arm was still drenched. Between dives I swapped the silicone wrist seal for a dry glove and my left arm stayed dry. I talked to Janet at DUI who said it's probably my silicone wrist seal. I learned DUI takes off the silicone wrist seals for leak testing so they don't get damaged, so they aren't part of the test. My plan for my next dive is to swap wrist seals and see if the problem migrates to my right arm, and have a buddy look for bubbles in my seal while under water. Although I have to admit doing a side-by-side comparison between wet and dry hands, I may switch to dry hands now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom