Experience with Nemo or Sea God Custom Wetsuits from Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all...

Anyone have any experience with Nemo or Sea God custom wetsuits from Bali? I think I am going to take the plunge, but thought someone might have some words of wisdom. The Sea God suit is about $100.000 usd more, but I am absolutely happy to spend the extra money if it is worth it.

Thanks in advance.

I got custom made 5mm jumpsuit from Nemo. It is not good. Very tough to get in. The material is so stiff. Spent $250 for crap. I spent another $100 to put zippers on sleeves & ankles. They help a bit. But I feel like a robot. I'm a normal built, 5'9", 156 lbs with 30" waist, so it's inexcusable to have a custom made wetsuit to be that difficult to get it in.

I'm back to Henderson Titanium Hyperstretch. I had one of those for 11 years, so I thought it is time for a new one. The Nemo is in the closet, collecting dust.

A DM at Geko recommended a pee zipper from SeaGods and we left our suits there for installation (trusting Rico). Won't know for several weeks, but I'm guessing you might know Rico?

- Bill
Bill are you insane? Mentioning pee zipper and Rico in the same post on a public forum? Oh boy, what have you done?

We got our stuff back from Sea Gods and they did NOT do everything as asked.

We left three wetsuits, they put the pee zipper on the wrong one, they did not put a pocket on as asked. IN addition, when my driver picked up the set, they did not give him back everything they were supposed to, until he went back in and asked.

The work they did do looks pretty good to me. They re-glued one pocket. One pee zip looks good -- too bad it's on the wrong suit.

I'd give them a C+. Hope you have better luck if you use them.

Thanks,

Bill

I have used SeaGods ones for rental, they work fine. Not the most stretchy material though, the neoprene is definitely not the best, but resistant to wear. A girl I work with has a 3mm custom made she really likes it.

Back
Top Bottom