DIR- GUE Expired certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elmo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
Caves, family life, then some pangolin or racoon dog meeting a bat and visiting a market in Wuhan (or choose your favourite theory) interrupted my deeper diving. My T1 card has expired and I haven’t done a T1 dive in the last three years. This isn’t a question of “can I count …” - I don’t have the recent experience. I’m not pretending my skills haven’t been affected and I have no intention of filling my twins with 18/45, diving to 51m and hoping for the best. But I can and do dive (in a GUE OC tech config), I can carry a deco (or stage), I can hold a stop and I can dive in a team. I’m curious, what is the path back to T1 currency?

NDL dive and pretend it's not. Hit stops based on whatever T1 dive you would do if you were in prime form. You are your own worst critic. You will know when you're ready to do those dives for real.

Hey Elmo, We all have been there... getting busy with life and away from diving.. but this is not a problem.. usually the normal GUE process is that you need to a training / experience dive with an active GUE T1 instructor depends on your target. Based on what you said most likely you will have to do some training dives for couple of days or more to remember and practice what you have learnt in the course but of course this will come to the hefty price GUE instructor gets which is mostly 300+ euros per day.. but you will have the confidence to dive again up to your max allowed 51m depth..
other option which i might do, is to find a GUE T1+ buddy and go dive with him. obviously not deep but take it gradually until you get your skills sharp then when you feel confident you can go to 51m then meet with an instructor just do couple of experience dives so you can renew your card.

And Oh, don't forget to read your T1 training materials if you still have access to it.. It will become very handy.

A friend of mine also let expire his gue certs. He still dove. After 3 years it was just paying and he got new valid cards. So you can practise and pay and your card is valid again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom