Exploring Cayman Brac's Abandoned Divi Tiara Beach Resort (Video & Photos)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jordanliles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Many of you may remember staying at or hearing about the old Divi Tiara Beach Resort that was once operating on Cayman Brac. It was a fully equipped dive resort several years ago. I have completed a full video documenting my walk through of the abandoned buildings and grounds, and there's a full conclusion at the end of the video that explains what happened, plus several cool before and after photo comparisons and more. Took me several late nights over the course of a few weeks to put together. Hope you guys enjoy the trip to the past: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KGf4J8pcVY

Additional photos and details: http://www.jordanliles.com

I've seen it all as you've shown, it breaks our hearts as we loved going to that place/Island.
Bought a timeshare there in 89, Divi's contract stated they would perform all maintenance and keep the place up and you can see their good work on your video.
Why the Cayman gov't doesn't pass a rule/law and make them give up the property or at the least clean it up is beyond me.

Last edited:
Cool I went there on my honeymoon with my first wife. Fitting that its a ruin. Diving was great. Twenty-five years ago.

Cool video. Cetainly looked a lot different when I was there last!

Wow, so cool caymaniac. It was a beautiful place. Shame it closed.

Last edited:
Got some good family pics at the bar and gazebo there last summer, the artwork makes for a good backdrop. Also sad too when you see that people came year after year and then everything was frozen in time. Just don't wear sandals, it been invaded by grass that produces nasty burrs.

It's eery place overall and just plain bizarre when you consider the resort sits on what is the best beach by far on the Brac.

Got some good family pics at the bar and gazebo there last summer, the artwork makes for a good backdrop. Also sad too when you see that people came year after year and then everything was frozen in time. Just don't wear sandals, it been invaded by grass that produces nasty burrs.

It's eery place overall and just plain bizarre when you consider the resort sits on what is the best beach by far on the Brac.

Yeah, I had hiking boots so I was covered in that regard. So much glass everywhere. Also, I didn't know until I returned that all snakes on the island are harmless. I figure there have to be a few hiding in there.

Amazing video--you obviously put a great deal of work into this project. Thanks for sharing!

When we were there (stayed at BBR) for our one and only time on the island, the Divi had just closed. I cannot believe that they could not find something to do with the property. Could it not have--at the very least--been turned into apartments? It seems like such an incredible waste.

Amazing video--you obviously put a great deal of work into this project. Thanks for sharing!

When we were there (stayed at BBR) for our one and only time on the island, the Divi had just closed. I cannot believe that they could not find something to do with the property. Could it not have--at the very least--been turned into apartments? It seems like such an incredible waste.

Yeah. I drove past it several times before I stopped and decided to see what the buildings were all about. I couldn't believe there were no signs or boards on windows or anything. No front gate or anything. It's just... there. Very odd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom