Fantasea Moisture Error Message Flashes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McGinty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife has a Fantasea FRX100VA housing for her Sony RX100 camera.

The moisture detector system flashes blue-green-red continuously. We've replaced the moisture sensor strip, the battery, the signal board, and the ribbon cable, and charged the battery with no change. It never seems to go to a flashing blue or even flashing red.

I can't find anything online about this issue. Of course it may be operator error.

Does anyone know what the three color flashing means and what we can do about it?

Thanks!

You don't say if your housing is the model with rechargeable vacuum / moisture system installed.

Starting on page 26 here is specific instructions if it has that factory installed.

The double o-ring seal on Fantasea housings is pretty reliable at least in my several hundreds to thousands of dives using them since 2016.

You could also contact Fantasea for additional help.

David Haas

You don't say if your housing is the model with rechargeable vacuum / moisture system installed.

Starting on page 26 here is specific instructions if it has that factory installed.

The double o-ring seal on Fantasea housings is pretty reliable at least in my several hundreds to thousands of dives using them since 2016.

You could also contact Fantasea for additional help.

David Haas
Yes it has the rechargeable vacuum/moisture system. The manual says nothing about the flash message we are receiving and Fantasea sent us the replacement parts. We've been dealing with them since November with no success.

Hmmmm.........I didn't see where a BLUE light is mentioned but maybe I haven't read the instructions in super detail. Will check it out and post any other ideas.

I will says even if some salt water is in the small areas of the housing (a hair / hand / whatever drip when changing camera batteries or SD cards) it can stay in there a LONG time........

I do put a small dessicate packet in the front right of my Canon FG7X II housing, assemble it and keep it out of the sun, etc.

I've only used the dual o-ring simple leak detector in my Fantasea housings. Those only have a RED LED and beeping if it detects moisture on the copper strip in the lowest part of the housing.

I've never set it off but test it every year or so. If necessary I put a new C1220 button battery in.

I had one friend who just took his leak detector out and has relied on the DUAL o-rings. I'd likely feel comfortable doing that too if my leak detector totally died.

Unfortunately placing electronic gizmos in boxes submerged in salt water is always a risk......

Plus they say there's only two type of underwater photographers....... Those who have flooded a camera and those who have YET to :(

Knock wood I'm still in group 2 !!!

Will share any other ideas if I find out anything :)

David Haas

IMG_6849.jpegIMG_2819.jpeg

Does your housing circuit board have a switch for ON / OFF?

When you turn it on if fully charged it should be BLUE indicating it's ready to pull the vacuum.

Start pumping.....YELLOW is flashing fast keep pumping.

SLOW YELLOW flashing means SLOW DOWN pumping.

YELLOW steady
means optimum pressure has been reached and will begin testing. It takes about 3-4 minutes to analyze if pressure is steady or losing pressure.

If RED / YELLOW flashes you've pumped TOO HIGH.......Release the valve (to drop some pressure) and repeat pumping until you get a SOLID YELLOW.

GREEN flashing means it's sealed and ready to dive :)

RED flashing means the vacuum hasn't held. Release the vacuum and look for possible leaks, a hairier grit on the back o-ring, a NICK or CUT on the main o-ring, etc.

Sorry for all the caps but figured it may make the procedure easier read :)

Good luck!

David Haas

IMG_0867.jpegIMG_2046.jpegIMG_2198.jpegIMG_0285.jpegIMG_2758.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom