Favorite Helmet Mounted Lights And Why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool beans on the lights. Daniel is using that helmet and mount. It's nice but very expensive for what it is. If you're a creative person you can actually make swivel mounts using gopro swivel mounts and handlebar mounts. They don't come off of the helmet as easily, but they allow you to swivel which is nice

What did you replace your primary with for helmet mount? I am also wondering if this might be a option for me as I like to film. I found this image.
helmet.png

I am using the gosidemount light with that helmet mount.
I really like it an will probably use it on both sides.
At the moment I still prefer to have different systems for each side for maximum reliability.

That is a different helmet than Light Monkey as well I think.
No, that is the original Lightmonkey, goisidemount is selling only those and is only using those for promotional pics.

... there is a indicator of battery lvl. I think that is a most excellent feature when you can never be sure how much battery you have left.
I thought so too, but got over that. :confused:
Battery indicators are not reliable, especially when using high quality batteries.
Most of the time they go from green to yellow after a few seconds, stay there forever and then suddenly go to red and empty in seconds again.
They are very temperature dependent and often do not work identical even with two identical lights.

And they are just reliable enough to get used to doing another dive with a used battery, just before they disappoint you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom