Feedback on Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are headed back to Roatan and wanted to get some feedback on dive resorts. We have stayed at Anthony's Key before, but have been contemplating either Co Co View, Turquoise Bay Resort or Mayan Princess. Not sure about a couple of these and would appreciate feedback and any other suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

I just got back from Coco View. It's accurately described as "dive camp" by some, but "island time" is not a thing at CCV and it operates with almost miltary precision, but the staff is very friendly and helpful. It tends to run full or close to full during high season, and a lot of the guests are repeats. The beds are comfortable the food is good (not gourmet).
Boat diving is described on the website. Shore diving is available 24X7 as long as conditions allow. The wrecks and the channel they rest in are great places to poke around looking for small stuff. Spotted eagle rays were visiting on the regular. Then there are the two walls.

As of last week there isn't much active bleaching happening. There is coral that was bleached last summer (I was brokenhearted when visiting in October), some is bouncing back, some is not.

I am booked for November for my 16th visit. Full disclosure, I love the place.

I last visited the Reefhouse, near the east end, several years ago. A smaller operation than Coco view, but diving was great. The DM there pretty much taught me how to dive the southside waters. Since then the place has morphed into a party place, expats mostly I think. If you like parties with your diving, it's good.

That is my experience with Roatan land-based operations. Go, the water is fine!

We are headed back to Roatan and wanted to get some feedback on dive resorts. We have stayed at Anthony's Key before, but have been contemplating either Co Co View, Turquoise Bay Resort or Mayan Princess. Not sure about a couple of these and would appreciate feedback and any other suggestions! Thanks in advance!
We are headed back to Roatan and wanted to get some feedback on dive resorts. We have stayed at Anthony's Key before, but have been contemplating either Co Co View, Turquoise Bay Resort or Mayan Princess. Not sure about a couple of these and would appreciate feedback and any other suggestions! Thanks in advance!

CocoView Trip Report May 2021 - Trip Report - CocoView Resort May 8-15, 2021

My Research Notes from planning a Roatan Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Roatan Trip

Loved CocoView Resort. Turquoise Bay Resort gets strong reviews as a solid value proposition, and it popular for groups from what I've seen offered by groups in my region.

A key question is how many dives do you want to do per day? If you've dove at Anthony's Key Resort you've sampled the north coast diving; perhaps it's time to sample the south coast?

We are headed back to Roatan and wanted to get some feedback on dive resorts. We have stayed at Anthony's Key before, but have been contemplating either Co Co View, Turquoise Bay Resort or Mayan Princess. Not sure about a couple of these and would appreciate feedback and any other suggestions!

Thanks in advance!
I have a CoCoView trip report from 2023 posted in this forum that includes some comparisons with an earlier trip to AKR. You should be able to find it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom