feeding a eel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onfloat:
Here is another one for you.......Only I still have all my fingers and thumbs.:wink:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6840687466808945621&hl=en

That one is even worse bacuse you went back to feed it a 2nd time. Can we say ant eater? You are truly an amazing individual, and why is there ove a minute of poorly compressed video that serves no purpose at all?

Sorry, I'm a film/video professional, so I may come off as completely disregarding others feelings and insult you to no end.

Billy

onfloat:
I'm not the camera man nor did I edit the video. The 2nd feeding was the camera man. I was out of frame nursing my pride.

And why would you appologize that just makes you sound like your afraid.

Yes, I am afraid. That said, I guess the camera operator gets the gold for intelligence, and the silver medal goes to.....

I'm really surprised, you're into salt water aquariums and you still stuck your finger down an eel's throat. Eels are some of the most aggressive animals in our oceans, how did you not know this? Maybe it's from watching too many videos of people feeding animals when they shouldn't.

I have an idea, lets' get all the animals in the ocean hooked on hotdogs and store bought frozen food! Yeah!!! Maybe we can setup morphine drips for them too if they get injured, that would rule!

Billy

Better yet, lets cianide the reef so we can collect fish for our aquarium. Which is why I stopped doing the fish keeping thing. Or we could harvest the corals and keep them to ourselves instead of leaving them in the ocean.

For the record I did not stick my finger down the eels throat. He became confused and bit my thumb. I could tell from the minute he left the hole he was not looking at the fish I was holding and was looking directly at my thumb. I'm disapointed that you think I only deserve a silver medal.

As for feeding them----JARHEAD!!!!!:eyebrow:

At least I don't have a goofy avatar.:wink:

The fish that I have are all hand caught, I don't endorse cianide. And you know you like my avatar, it's my version of Rule 6 Compliant DIR gear. Regardless I'm sure you learned from this experience and stopped training eels to eat fingers. Most people would look back and think, maybe that wasn't such a good idea. I don't want to see any video popping up of you playing in a dolphin pool either. The big island has enough tourists.

Billy

Hot dogs are full of bad chemicals... I wouldn't feed them to a fellow human, much less an eel! Why is it humans like to feed marine (and other) life things like chocolate, cheeze whiz, crackers and processed foods. Just what are they thinking???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom