Fin Fight!!! (Help me sort out these 4 options and choose 2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have always wanted to try a freediving fin for scuba. Is it possible to frog kick in them? I would imagine straightforward propulsion would be incredible. Am I correct on this assumption?

one of these, either is fine
  • Hollis F1
  • ScubaPro Jet Fins
iv'e used the Jetfins in warm water and a shorty or 5mm full wetsuit with no problems.
one thing about the Jets is that the while the XL size fits your booties, it probably does not fit when using a drysuit. i use both the XL(neoprene booties) and the XXL(rockboots)

I have always wanted to try a freediving fin for scuba. Is it possible to frog kick in them? I would imagine straightforward propulsion would be incredible. Am I correct on this assumption?

I have 3 pairs of fins:

Hollis F1 - for dry suit use (bigger foot pocket and negatively buoyant)
Atomic Blade - wet suit (smaller foot pocket and neutral buoyancy)
Mako Competition Freediver - wet suit

The freediving fins work better for all kicks, for me. Better for straight forward, but also better for frog kicks, better for helicopter turns, and, believe it or not, they actually work better for me for back kicks, too.

I use the freediving fins for any warm water diving that does not involve confined spaces. I.e. I feel like they are too long, so I don't wear them if there's a chance I'll go inside a wreck.

I wear turtles with my drysuit because I have rockboots and I also have a pair of jetfins for warm water diving in a smaller size to fit my thin neoprene booties. Jetfins come in different colours if you are into that

Want to add.... my husband wears Hollis F2. He only does warm water diving and these fins are stiff enough for him and are much lighter than mine, he really loves them

Back
Top Bottom