Fin Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm actually a hip disartic. But i do have a small stump where some calcium grew.

I know a scuba diving hip disartic.. . Whenever I find a really nice single fin while diving I give it to him. He now has quite the assortment to choose from.

Hey man! People like you are an inspiration to me. Those pics are so freaking awesome. Let me know when you get your fins. Id love to go diving with you sometime.

Thanks Sinbad!

I love to dive. I hope my fins are coming still... Ray hasn't been back in touch with me.... :(

I ordered a fin bag too, but not sure it will fit.. Ray said my fins will be 650mm long and 150mm wide... the bag only says it fits 11 inches (150mm is right at 12...) but it was the biggest bag I could find... :(

I guess I should invest in a better mask next, then a dive computer lol :)

well guess I'll have to go buy a temp fin :(

Ray wasn't able to finish my fin before he left the country on an expedition so I won't get mine before I leave:( guess I'll have to plan another diving trip lol....

Now off to find some cheap fins I guess. Anyone have any in houston they don't use anymore lol? :wink:

well I finally got the DiveR blade and its' freaking awesome!!! It's huge though so not sure how well it will work with a pack on in groups.

If anyone knows any other amputees that would be interested in buying a non custom blade let me know or please get me in contact with them. We could buy one of DiveR's regular sets and just split the set up and they would be really reasonable then. I'll even pick up the shipping and what not. Otherwise I guess I'll just order another set or a smaller custom fin....????

Thanks all!

well I finally got the DiveR blade and its' freaking awesome!!! It's huge though so not sure how well it will work with a pack on in groups.

If anyone knows any other amputees that would be interested in buying a non custom blade let me know or please get me in contact with them. We could buy one of DiveR's regular sets and just split the set up and they would be really reasonable then. I'll even pick up the shipping and what not. Otherwise I guess I'll just order another set or a smaller custom fin....????

Thanks all!

glad you like the fin!
The DiveR fins are not like any other freedive fins...they are their own category of fin, far beyond anything else.

glad you like the fin!
The DiveR fins are not like any other freedive fins...they are their own category of fin, far beyond anything else.
I can for sure tell that and can't wait to try it. I can just tell by the way it's made and moves it will be amazing, kind of why I'd like to get a shorter one for pack diving, but just don't wanna drop the coin again lol. Working on building up my gear now. BCD picked up, now to get a reg and a computer. Spear gun ordered as well he he he:wink:

Thought maybe there would be another amputee on here that might be interested.

some pics of my fin :)

57e29c2e.jpg

138c25db.jpg

e0ad1f41.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom