Fin Sizes - Apollo Bios / Scubapro Twin Jets.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi.....Sorry if this is a bit boring......

My wife and I are planning to buy some Apollo Bio Fins by mail.
The only UK stockist we have found only lists S, M, L, (not EX Large).
Our shoe sizes are US 11 (uk 10) and US 7 (uk 6) respectively.
We will be wearing hard sole 5mm wet boots.

What sizes would anyone recommend for us in the Apollo's ?.

We have tried some Scubapro Twin Jets with our boots.
I fitted the Ex Large, and my wife, the Medium.
(I could have got awy with the Large but my heel was sticking too far out the back).

Are the Apollos similar to the Scubapros, foot pocket sizewise, larger or smaller ?.

Any help will be greatly appreciated......

Thanks......Frazer......Wolverhampton UK.

Hi kelpforest

Call your suplier and ask for size "LL"
I think that is what goes after the "L" on "apollo's sizes.

I wear a US size 10 and I wear size "LL" on the apollo's.
My wife wears a size 8 and she uses a size"M" in the apollo's.

We both use Tusa's 3mm hardsoled booties.

You'll probably need the same sizes as we do.

Hope that helps

Hey, I wear size 6 US ladies and Apollo Bios size SMALL is what your wife should wear. They run larger than I anticipated. My strap is almost even with the foot pocket. Leisure Pro has them on sale right now US$129.00. I used them last week for the first time and they work great. They are a little heavy. I am a new diver and trying to figure out all the weighting issues. These fins are definatly neg. bouyant. Hope this helps. Luv2Dive.

Apollo Bio are awesome fins, my wife and I got them last year. Not to add to the confusion but my wife takes a US 8 1/2 and her fins are size MS, I take US 10 1/2/11 and mine are M, I got the L and returned them for the M. Wear 3mm hardsoled booties. I didn't like the larger fins, too loose a fit and my foot seemed to slide out the front cutout too much cutting into the side of my toe.

My guess is your wife is definitely a S and you are an M or L, probably L. I had no problem returning mine and I bought them online at http://www.joediveramerica.com ($139), they were cheaper than Leisurepro at the time. Luv2dive is right they do run large, never thought I would be an M, $124.95 special at Leisurepro.com today.

I actually tried both those fins today. I wear a woman's size 8 (U.S) w/ a 5mm boot. I fit great in the Apollo Small but needed a Medium for the Scubapro Twin Jets. Hope this helps.

I use 5mm size 6UK boots and my Appollo Bio size is Small. The pocket seems to be wider than other brands.

I wear a size 11 (US) men’s shoe. I use the size L Apollo splitfin with a 7mm, thin soled boot.

A word of caution though (not necessary if you only dive occasionally), be careful with the side strap releases. Frequent use can cause them to break. I have always pulled them off by the loop in the back and with 100+ dives on them, I've never broken a strap. Several of my friends have broken multiple straps though, and they are prone to releasing the clips on the side to remove them. Apollo does now make a spring strap to remedy this.

That said though, you're going to love these fins. If you remember to flutter kick and not use full leg kicks, you'll swim so fast you'll leave a wake on the surface. :wink:

John A.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom