Fins for Navy SEALs/coast guard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SangP:
I counted 4 different fins in that photo:

From left to right:
Force fins (cus I reconised the top of the Bungie Heel Strap)
Scubapro jets
Aqualung rocket fin 2 (from the vent design and the mounting hole at the top of the fin)
Force fins of couse :D
There you go, 2 out of 4 SEALS prefer Force Fins. :wink:

Fish_Whisperer:
Ditto. I miss the hell out of the Army sometimes. I see footage of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and it hurts a little that I can't be there. *sigh*

Already been there, just got out (terminal leave right now) and I'm already missing it.

MilitantMedic:
Already been there, just got out (terminal leave right now) and I'm already missing it.

Trust me....you'll get over it!

I don't know about that. It's been 14 yrs for me and I still miss it....then again I do kinda like flush toilets, warm dry beds, not getting shot at.

Here's to the ones still there, God Bless and Hoorah!

I was in the Nav and I was issued the Jet fins. When I got to my unit, I bought a pair of the Force Fins (on my own dime) and used them. They are a little smaller, easier to carry, and still give great propulsion. Plus, you can slip them over boots easier.
However old habits die hard and I still like the Jet (or rocket) fins.
Most of the guys I still talk to use a rubber type fin. It's hard to beat a classic.

As was stated before though, once you go to a unit and become operational, you can buy what you want for the most part. However, if what you buy fails, it's what we call in the south un-good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom