Fins - what can you tell me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, I'm thinking of buying the Scubapro Jet Sport Fins. However, I'm torn between buying the jet sport vs Jet fins.
Any comment on this?
I can't find any review on the Scubapro Jet Sport fins.

Is there a noticable difference when you spend a little money on them?

It's important to get good fins that fit well and suit your dive style, but it's not important to spend a lot of money to get good fins that fit well and suit your dive style.

Figure out what style fin you want (paddles, blades, splits, etc) and then find the ones that fit best. Then ask how much they cost.

Hi, I'm thinking of buying the Scubapro Jet Sport Fins. However, I'm torn between buying the jet sport vs Jet fins.
Any comment on this?
I can't find any review on the Scubapro Jet Sport fins.

Don't get distracted by the fact that they both have the word "Jet" in the name. They are two different fin styles.

Jets are "paddles" which are a touch wider than the blades, and a little bit shorter. They are very stiff and are well-suited to frog kicking and fine maneuvering. They are OK for flutter kicking, but because they are heavier and stiffer they aren't ideal for flutter kicking.

scubapro-jet-fins.png

and the Jet Sports are "blades"

FI_25.879-DPS-2T.jpg

Blades are longer and a bit more flexible, and also lighter. They are OK for frog kicking, but due to their longer length and flexibility aren't great, even less so for fine maneuvering. They are designed for, and better suited to, flutter kicking.

Behold the Holy Grail of Fins.......Been through hell and then some.
IMAG0170.jpg

..... and proof they are the holy grail......
poorly.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom