Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kestrell:
Yup; good fin. They are what I use. They are quite stiff though.

Whatever you get, be sure to remove the heel straps the fins come with and put on spring straps.
Yup and they should be boogies because the other that I've seen are crap :wink:

Hi Mario,

I have just got back from the Similan Islands where I found the current, especially at Richelieu Rock, too much for me and someone had to give me a helpful push on more than one occasion.

At the moment I am using Cressi fins which have been OK up to now but were absolutely exhausting on this trip. I put it down to my age as I am 71 but now I wonder if much of the problem was the fins.

My finning technique is the modified flutter, I cannot do the frog kick as my ankles wont take the bending any more. My legs are not strong which is why I bought the smaller fins to start with but I am now wondering whether split fins are the way to go for me. What do you think?

I purchased a pair of Scubapro Jet fins in 1968 and are still using them after over 5oo dives. Have replaced the straps a few times but have taken care of the fins by using Armoral on them after diving to keep them from drying out .... need to be careful not to get any Armoral on the straps or they may losen up durning the dive ....

I just bought the Mares Volo's. I haven't done a lot of dives on them yet, but they seam really nice. I know the Mares Quattros were great too. After talking to people, it seams the split fins are great in calm water where you don't need to get much push. But if there is heavy currents or you need to really go, it's a little harder to get the power with splits. Haven't tried the splits though so good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom