First regulators for a new diver--MK25?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second the HOG D1s. And you appear to be from Canada (I can't see if you set your location from Tapatalk) the DIN valves that these regs require will probably be much more available than in the US

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'll be doing cold water diving in northern canada as well so that's why I was thinking about the high end set up. Is there much difference between the MK25 and 17?

What do you mean by cold water? Sub 40F? Do you have a drysuit? If not, chances are pretty slim that you'll ever be in water cold enough to freeze the MK25, especially when paired with the G250. But, the MK17 is also a very fine regulator and there would be zero disadvantage going with the MK17 instead. Either will work great, unless you do have a drysuit and therefore access to extremely cold water, in which case the MK17 is a better choice. The G250V is a great 2nd stage for either of those first stages. The MK17 does have the advantage of being less expensive.

No dry suit yet but it's something I want to work towards. With that in mind I thought the MK would serve as my main reg for a broader spectrum of diving.

---------- Post added ----------

No dry suit yet but it's something I want to work towards. With that in mind I thought the MK would serve as my main reg for a broader spectrum of diving.

---------- Post added ----------

So sorry for the typos and double post! Meant to say MK17

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom