First time wet suit shopper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha! Thanks Marie! That was an awesome read indeed.

I am now the proud owner of an Aqualung Aquaflex 7mm.

Adreno in Sydney still has the Aqualung Aquaflex in all sizes. Since it is EOL they offer it for 249 AUD
The Waterproof W1 7mm that went EOL a while ago still is in stock in all sizes at 599 AUD. They'll look into MAYBE going down with that price.
I tried the Waterproof since I love the front zip, but sadly the inner liner makes my skin all itchy, scratchy and it sat so uncomfortable that I ended up passing.

Also, for 249 on the Aquaflex it's a no-brainer to just buy a thinner wet suit for warmer climates if I need to. I've got a liner for under my 7mm and hope that that might keep me warm enough in slightly colder water, but let's be honest, I'm such a whimp I think the coldest I'll ever dive in will be around 16 degrees. And I was fine with a leaky rental Oceanic in those temperatures :)

And if I ever decide "cold water diving is my world" I'll cross that bridge when I get there and upgrade accordingly :)

Thanks all for your help!

Roo

Congrats on the new suit.

I'm surprised about the feel on the Waterproof; I find the plush orange lining to be much more comfortable (and fast drying) than on 'standard' wetsuits, although much more comfortable when not bone dry, and my W3 (3.5mm) Waterproof is a great suit. I'll definitely consider getting another Waterproof if I need a new or thicker suit in the future.

Congratulations on the Aqua Flex. I was going to reply and write the same recommendation as others have. Aqua Flex fits so well! I tried on many suits from a few manufacturers and kept coming back to it.

I now have the 8/7 SolAfx, 5mm, 3mm and the 6/5/4 hooded vest....All in the Aqua Flex line. :) LOVE it

Back
Top Bottom