Fix G10 WA Lens Scratch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wamae24

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Fisheye Fix G10 wide angle lens that I hav gotten a scratch/nick in the dome portion of the elns. Can the dome glass be repaired or replaced?

Does the scratch show up on pictures? Sometimes you can get away with it underwater...

Unfortunately it does, I may just send it ack to Reef Photo they can send it back to the manufacturer and see what they can do.

I have a Fisheye Fix G10 wide angle lens that I hav gotten a scratch/nick in the dome portion of the elns. Can the dome glass be repaired or replaced?

Yes it can ... I just had the dome on my UWL-04 lens replaced for $199. It took surprisingly little time, dropping it off at Optical Oceans and getting a call about three weeks later that it had been done and returned to them.

The question I have is whether it's a scratch or a gouge? Mine were gouges that were quite deep ... the result of getting tossed by some strong surge into a rock, lens-first.

If just scratches, you can polish them out using Novus Plastic Polish ... you can purchase a kit for about $15. It comes in three bottles, and you start with #3, then when the major scratches are gone, apply #2, and finish up with #1, which is more of a polish than an abrasive. Each is a liquid which you apply with a soft cloth. For major scratches, it might take an hour's worth of polishing to get them all out ... but the stuff does a pretty amazing job.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom