Flag Pole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a boat dive in St Thomas they used a sheath to cover the flags. But I too am putting a dive boat together from a pontoon. and plan on using pvc with the staionary part(bottom) having an inner diameter Just a lil bigger than the mounted (upper) outer diameter Holes drilled in both with either a tab lock pin or a wire lock pin (cotter key) so if I want it raised remove sheath remove the lock pin pull top part to the raised position then put the lock pin back in and let the upper part slide back down onto the lock pin or drill a hole in the upper pvc and reinsert the lock pin through both sections you could do this with 3 pieces of pvc for higher installations. Just a thought have not made it yet but will be working on it next week.

Namchief:
On a boat dive in St Thomas they used a sheath to cover the flags. But I too am putting a dive boat together from a pontoon. and plan on using pvc with the staionary part(bottom) having an inner diameter Just a lil bigger than the mounted (upper) outer diameter Holes drilled in both with either a tab lock pin or a wire lock pin (cotter key) so if I want it raised remove sheath remove the lock pin pull top part to the raised position then put the lock pin back in and let the upper part slide back down onto the lock pin or drill a hole in the upper pvc and reinsert the lock pin through both sections you could do this with 3 pieces of pvc for higher installations. Just a thought have not made it yet but will be working on it next week.
These are along the same lines as I am thinking..........if I end up making one myself. I will know next week. Maybe we can bounce some ideas fore and aft.

Thanks Speedhound,

I stopped into American Flags and Poles and the hooked my up with just what I needed for about $50.

Next time you are headed out to Mount Storm or Summersville Lake give me a shout and I'll try to get out there with you.

And thanks to all the rest of you for your ideas.

Mike

WVDiver:
Thanks Speedhound,

I stopped into American Flags and Poles and the hooked my up with just what I needed for about $50.

Next time you are headed out to Mount Storm or Summersville Lake give me a shout and I'll try to get out there with you.

And thanks to all the rest of you for your ideas.

Mike
No problem Mike, I'm glad they could sort out what you wanted. I think we'll be in your neck of the woods in the coming months and will let you know.
Cheers,
Brian

Ok, Even though you found a flag pole already. Why not go to Wal-Mart or a camping store and buy the fiberglass poles for tents with the elastic string in them? Use this for your flag holder, it breaks down to about 3 feet long.

I read on a forum or a website somewhere:

However long you want the pole in electrical conduit (or similar) cut into smaller pieces,
Couplings glued to one end of each one,
run shock cord through the entire pole,
and tie balls larger than diameter at each end of pole,

much the same way as a collapsible tent pole works

cant remember how they attached the flag to it but should be fairly easy

diyflagpole0jv.png

even though you have found a pole just thought i would post it anyways

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom