Flathead IV first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uglyredshoes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there,

i have got 4 questions i hope i can get answered:

(1) Is there any way to get a replacement Zeagle Logo (the one found on the Flathead IV first stage).

Ive done about only 60dives with it and i just came out of my last dive seeing that it has dropped off! The glue used is probably the problem (i dive in the tropics).

(2) Secondly, regarding how the first stage is made, many people seem to depress that plastic film seal on the bottom of the first stage out of curiosity. Is that a problem? Will it be a problem is that ever leaks?

(3) I have taken my reg to about 50m and it breathes excellent. The main complaint i have is that when i shift from a horizontal streamline position to an upright, it suddenly becomes very hard to breathe. Hard enough to be easily noticeable. Is that normal for the design?

(4) Which country in SouthEastAsia carries your policy of 'free parts' during warrenty valid servicing?

Thanks.

(1) Is there any way to get a replacement Zeagle Logo (the one found on the Flathead IV first stage).

I have never heard of this falling off, but your dealer can get you a new one...we will replace it at no charge.

(2) Secondly, regarding how the first stage is made, many people seem to depress that plastic film seal on the bottom of the first stage out of curiosity. Is that a problem? Will it be a problem is that ever leaks?

You can push it...it won't hurt anything or cause any problems...

(3) I have taken my reg to about 50m and it breathes excellent. The main complaint i have is that when i shift from a horizontal streamline position to an upright, it suddenly becomes very hard to breathe. Hard enough to be easily noticeable. Is that normal for the design?

No, that is not "normal". Have your dealer check it out for you.

(4) Which country in SouthEastAsia carries your policy of 'free parts' during warrenty valid servicing?

I sent out a couple of email inquiries, but haven't heard back. Check with the dealers around you...where did you buy the reg?

Hi Scott,

Thank you so much for the reply!

I got my reg from Underwater Sports (an authorised dealer) but my job requires me to travel around. I am now posted out of the States and I frequent HongKong, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.

Hi Scott,

Any updates as to where i can get the 'free parts' warrenty carried out in SEA?

As mentioned, i bought my gear from the States.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom