Florida Marine Patrol makes stuff up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stand corrected. There are locals that harm ecosystems so my comment should have included them too.

On to citizenship. Without documentation there is no proof that you are indeed a citizen. You can be detained without cause if you are deemed a terrorist. Patriot Act was passed for that reason... stripping you of rights to have a reasonable cause and a warrant to get arrested. Buuut... even without that you can be detained without having paperwork and even deported somewhere. That, of course, is an extreme scenario but having documentation on you definitely keeps you out of trouble.

When I had my green card I was REQUIRED to have it on me at all times... mind that I am white caucasian who speaks english fluently barely with an accent. When I got my citizenship, I made a point of never leaving my house without documentation just in case.

so Yarki, if you are not "certified' how do you get your tanks filled.. I wanna know. :D

One does not need a certification to dive .

---------- Post Merged at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:14 PM ----------

I'd like to see ANYONE in law enforcement try to arrest me for not having ID.....There is no law federal or otherwise requiring a US citizen to carry ID...Driver's license, If you are driving, yes......If I were walking on the street and asked to show ID I wouldn't have to or need to.....I'm a long time member of the ACLU and would LOVE to be arrested for that....Get your facts/law straight !!!!!

No federal but many state laws and have laws on the books about refusing to show ID to cops when asked to provide such. BTW, do you carry your Selective Service card? Now that is a Federal Law..

http://knowmyrights.org/faq/4th-amendment/when-do-i-have-to-show-id.html here ya go to provide documentation to back myself up. Fla is one of those states... just so we are clear, Florida is one of those states that equates "identifying" yourself as having a photo id to show..

Ahhhh bingo! Imagine the day when you are renting tanks for a group... They do not check the group cert card but only yours.... That is what many people do.

My coworkers for example go scalloping and lobstering and only 1 is certified. One guy brings a boat, another tows it with his truck, another hauls tanks and 2 others tag along. All dive for 4 days.

Ahhhh bingo! Imagine the day when you are renting tanks for a group... They do not check the group cert card but only yours.... That is what many people do.

My coworkers for example go scalloping and lobstering and only 1 is certified. One guy brings a boat, another tows it with his truck, another hauls tanks and 2 others tag along. All dive for 4 days.

well 4 of your co-workers are idiots,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Actually there are places where there are laws to have Certification Cards. The County of Los Angeles passed a law requiring training and certification. Ordinance No. 11025, entitled the "County Scuba Diving Ordinance" adopted October 22, 1974. In doing so it became one of the first to do so.

so Yarki, if you are not "certified' how do you get your tanks filled.. I wanna know. :D

when getting tanks filled... even out of town, I RARELY have been asked for a C-card.

With all the online sales of dive gear that they don't ask for a card, I don't think most shops do it anymore either.

I don't think my LDS has EVER asked for a C-card. I asked him one time why, and he said "why should I"? I said what do you mean. He replied with something like "well if I tell them no sale due to no c-card, they'll just go order it off the internet, and I'll lose the sale and future sales." He said he can't stay in business like that.

I've been in his shop before when "mussel divers" came in and got fills. He told me none of these guys were certified. but they were some of his best customers..

If I don't want to mess with a LDS, we have a company that sells fire trucks and SCBA gear. I can get fills there also. They could care less if I"ve got a C-card or not.

There's only one shop I've been to in the last 7 years of living in Florida that has asked to see my C-Card to get a tank filled. Only one.

No offense, but personally, I think you make stuff up.

Why would I make up the story? it's too wacked out which is why I told it.
Are you a cop that thinks all us so called civilians are liars? Yup that's what I did I spent my time making up a story just for fun. I've got nothing better to do so I wanted to come here and get insulted by you. I'll bet the number of dives you have listed is false.

There are old divers,
There are bold divers,
There are No Old Bold Divers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom