Florida Springs/Caves up to date status?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, we talked to Jim and Ben quite a bit while I was there -- Jim had repaired the broken line with his high-viz bright green spool line and we teased him about it. They both seemed like really nice folks.

Jackson Blue viz improved dramatically over night. The flow pushed out a lot of junk, and it was much clearer much closer to the entrance today. There were probably a dozen divers or so in and out of the cave system today. We didn't take any u/w pics. It was chilly, but with the sun, it wasn't too bad. Should be another nice day tomorrow for a dive there. I've had enough. Seven straight days of diving, and I am back to work on Monday.

The flow isn't having any effect on the visibility at JB. The flow has been up for a couple of weeks now and the visibility just keeps fluctuating. I'm not sure what's causing this. Probably just the system cleaning itself out.

Runoff into the various sinks feeding into JB are likely a big factor on the visibility. It gets milky with the rain, notice the trends on the reports.

The guys replacing line were Ben Martinez and Jim Clark, they were relining the horseshoe circuit(Goodman siphon on the map). Its recently had several breaks and the lining was a bit weird anyway. They talked with Edd and relined it, supposedly the downstream side loops back around on itself(?) now.

I was told the idea is to go down the chimney and run a jump to the horseshoe line. Instead of being on the right it is on the left now. In the place where it used to "T," it still T's but instead of each line stopping, it is continues and loops around to make the other part of the T and you eventually come out by the jump you put in. Thanks to Jim and Ben- I like the new placement. That's such a wonderful little passage!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom