Folsom Lake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice video, thanks for sharing, the viz looks much better than Lake Berryessa.

Mike Miller and I dove Folsom Lake today and visability was about 12-15 feet and there was no currents to speaks of. Consotions were very simular to the video except we only say a couple of fish (one of which was dead). But we did not go into the trees. We dove at Granite Bay.

We need to go back with the scooters.

Dove Folsom this afternoon for two dives off Beals Point. I was pleasantly surprised by the conditions. There was more to see in the lake than I had thought. Horizontal viz was about 15-20 before it grayed out and vertical was OK from surface to the bottom depending on the sun.

It was very windy (out of the south) making some pretty decent chop on the surface but it didn't bother me or the fish at depth and around the trees.

First dive lasted about 50 minutes and the second was 40 but had to shorten as it got a little chilly. I'm OK with Folsom as a dive site as it's only 54 minutes from home, lightly used during the week (one positive by-product of being unemployed), I can see where the viz could be variable but 15-20 feet of horizontal viz is OK with me, good fish action and I liked the creepy trees that loom up from the gloom.

I worked on skills, trim, doff & don, air sharing and mid-water ascents. Good times.

nice video! never thought to bring food to feed fish before. I'll have to try that sometime

Thx
my dive partner and I at the time thought it would be something to do besides just swimming around. We spent most of the dive just feeding and playing with the fish. It worked out great for the video scenes.

Sasquatch-- glad you had a couple of good dives at Folsom. Beals Point is a great place for a tune up dive or an excuse to blow bubbles that's close by. Beware though it can get crowded during the summer.

Back
Top Bottom