? for caymancase +/or DocV RE: Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gulfdiver

Reaction score
My wife is a novice diver. We arrive on Thursday around 4pm on May 24.

I'd like to get her out on a shallow shore dive that afternoon to go over the basics and get our heads underwater. We are staying at the Treasure Island Resort Hotel and have unlimited shore diving privileges.

Her checkout dives on Maui were all rough shore dives with lots of surf, 15-20' viz and a pretty good surge. She's not yet in love with shore diving! So I'm looking for a place spot that's shallow, maybe 20-30' with a little something to see while we are there. Nothing spectacular required... we have boat dives for that.

I have found the divecayman.com site with the dive site map if that will help.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Hi, Tim. There's plenty of nice shallow shore diving here. And with the viz being 80+ with no currents your wife should have a great time! Some of the places to check out are Smith's Cove and Cemetary Reef. Nice shallow dives with lots to see. Eden Rock and the Turtle Farm are also excellent but you do have to rent your tanks and weights from them.
I'm betting that this is the place that your wife will fall in love with the sport... if you have any questions once you're on the island please feel free to give me a call. Our number is on our web site. Have fun! Casey

When you say we have to rent tanks and wts from Eden rock or the Turtle Farm, are those names of the places on shore? This is a bit different than anything I've seen before.

Thanks.

Tim

Yes, Eden Rock is run by Eden Rock Diving and you'd have to rent the tanks and weights from them. It should be on your map in Georgetown. The shore diving at the Turtle Farm is run by Dive Tech. Dive Tech is located right next door to the Turtle Farm located on your map. Take care! Casey

Will try to get by your place. Look forward to meeting you. Not sure we'll get to dive on this trip but if its as good as everyone says, we'll be back!

We will definitely hit the spots you recommend and I hope she falls in love with Scuba too!

Back
Top Bottom