? for Venture wing users (did the search)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kracken:
You got a Dive-Rite "Venture" wing, right?
On the very bottom of the nylon shell there should be 2 stainless steel grommets inserted into the cover for water drainage.
If they are not there, take it back.

It says DiveRite VentureWing. No drain grommets. Anyone else have grommets.I don't have grommets. Where's the grommets? There ought to be grommets.

mine has grommets. maybe they redesigned the wing? I bought mine just over a month ago.

Perhaps it would be prudent to contact Dive-Rite directly and ask.

Evad,
I zipped Dive-Rite an e-mail to get their take on this situation. I'll let you know what I hear.
Any B/C-wing should have drainage holes in the outter shell somewhere !!!!

Mine doesn't have the grommets either and the Venture does hold a lot of water. The newer ones now have the drains. Call DR. By the way the DR travel wings is the same bladder with a lighter fabric covering the bladder. I have one of each

Be pretty easy to incorporate two drainage holes.
Go to the hardware store and get a grommet setting tools and some brass grommets.
Remove the bladder from the outter shell.
Take a piece of brass tubing the same diameter as the body of the grommet, get it very hot and put a hole in each side of the outter shell.
Set the grommet in the two holes . . . voila !!!!
. . . I'd put a small block of wood inside the outter shell and locate the two holes from the outside.

The Kracken:
Be pretty easy to incorporate two drainage holes.
Go to the hardware store and get a grommet setting tools and some brass grommets.
Remove the bladder from the outter shell.
Take a piece of brass tubing the same diameter as the body of the grommet, get it very hot and put a hole in each side of the outter shell.
Set the grommet in the two holes . . . voila !!!!
. . . I'd put a small block of wood inside the outter shell and locate the two holes from the outside.

I read another thread re different DR wing where a guy was complaining that his drainage grommet had, in part, caused a grommet-sized tear. So, at least, I think I'll put the "finish side" of the grommet on the inside and, at most, consider backing up the bladder in the grommet area.

Good idea, Evad. After reading that thread, I took two pieces of silver duct tape an put on the areas of my bladder where the grommets come into contact.

Back
Top Bottom