Ford Bronco sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 310K on my Tacoma and all I’ve done to it is two timing belts, two spark plug changes, multiple front brake pads, oil changes, trans fluid changes, multiple sets of tires, and that’s about it. It’s a pretty hard vehicle to kill. I’ll probably get sick of it and want something else before it dies, but it’s like a best friend that’s been there for years with me. I can’t let go of it just yet.
My 4Runner was a hand me down from my wife and it only has 135K on it, it’s barely broken in.

I traded in my 2004 Tacoma with 290k miles for a 2017 Tacoma that now has 120k miles. Neither have ever been in the shop. The new land cruiser is coming out next year. 326hp hybrid turbo 4cyl.

My 4Runner was a hand me down from my wife and it only has 135K on it, it’s barely broken in.
I recently "gave" my 3rd gen 4runner to a friend. About 200k miles, going strong, and requiring almost no maintenance in the roughly 12 years I owned it.

Those are the good ones. The newer Toys are not that good anymore. But people still buy them based on the well known reliability of those 20+ year old tacomas. I know multiple people who have had new tacomas in the past 10 years. They regret getting them. Just happy the resale values were high enough they didn't loose too much when they got rid of them.
I know a guy who has 465K original miles on a ‘99 Tacoma with a 22R 4 banger.
My wife’s new Highlander is pretty slick. It’s the hybrid AWD with front and rear electric motors with a 4 cylinder. The thing is torquey as hell and will hit 90 - 100 mph no sweat before you even realize it. You have to watch it because it rides so nice and smooth that speed can get away from you if you’re not careful. 42 MPG.
It’s also limited off road rated, it’s not going to be a full blown 4 wheeler like my 2002 Tacoma/4Runner,
But going up a steep bumpy dirt road it would do fine.

Junk.

It's cheaper to pay more for a car that's reliable.
Mine have all lasted for over a decade. My 04 3500 is now approaching two decades and 223,000 miles. My 2006 300M went until 2020 with 340,000 miles. 98 Cirrus went 400,000 and was totaled by a drunk in 2016. 2004 Seabring went 290,000 before I sold it to a friend who is still driving it at 315,000 miles.

My 07 Suburban. 152,000 troulee free miles. is staying. Replacing my wife’s 2015 Mini Countryman, 80,000 not so trouble free miles and a lack of a dealership network. 28 states have no dealers, some have only one. The dealer she bought it from was 50 miles away but it closed, closest is 225 miles away.

Congrats.

But except for your Ram 3500, those results aren't typical.
The 3500 has gone through two trans and a gear box. The second time was because the mechanic didn't line the teeth up properly and it shredded 400 miles into it. Took a lawsuit to have him pay for it. Other than the water pump she's rusting from the body but the engine is fine. The fan doesn't work anymore either.

Hopefully my new 3500 won't be as much as a pain. I already got a notice about the deleted diesel stuff and how to bring it in to see if Cummins cheated it which I have no intention on doing.

Cummins is getting screwed by the evil Epa. There's nothing wrong with my work truck.

My personal truck is a 17 f250. Going to try the AL body experiment. So far, so good.

Back
Top Bottom