Found Camera - stage.com - Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would love to see the video of the turtle swimming away with the strap in his mouth!:cool3:Thief thief.....maybe it is really stolen????

One other possibility: If you can find someone with the software and equipment, if they can recover any erased photos on the memory card, there might be additional recognizable features. Higher end photo shops might be able to help, and wouldn't charge for it if they knew it was in a good cause.

I would love to see the video of the turtle swimming away with the strap in his mouth!:cool3:Thief thief.....maybe it is really stolen????

[hijack]If you hadn't seen it in the news, earlier this year, an octopus stole an UW videographer's camera while it was still running:

I also liked the Discovery Network interview with a marine biologist and the videographer:

[/hijack]

You all have given some very good advise. Thank you for that. I'm torn about posting pictures. I already posted a lot of information about the camera on this site and on CameraFound.com, so the content of the pictures are how I would verify a true owner from potential scammers. Since I mentioned the truck in the op, I'll try to upload that picture later.

One bit of info I do want to share though....zooming in on a picture at what appears to be a school function, the kid's artwork on the wall appears to be written in German, or a similar language.

I've even more intrigued now. I'm really curious where this camera came from and how long it's been floating. A friend of mine told me the growth on the case appeared to be about 2 months.

You know, at this point, you've got to look at this -- finding the camera's owner -- as a new hobby. Solving a mystery with very limited clues.

Unlikely that a German would own a yellow Chevy (pickup-?) truck. But the German camera owner may have been visiting the Caribbean somewhere, and taken a shot of that truck belonging to or being used by the dive operation.

I did a quick Yahoo search using *stage.com as the key word, with asterisk. Came up with quite a few hits of web sites ending in that. None that look connected to diving within the first few pages. But if you do the same, maybe you'll recognize the logo font?

Other than that, I do know German; and could confirm whether the school artwork is in German as well as what it says. If you're game, I can PM you my e-mail address. If it becomes likely that the owner is German, taucher.net is a huge German web site for divers like ScubaBoard.

Oh, and add my attaboy for your honesty and determination!! :beer:

Kudos for you. It's nice to here of people doing the right thing instead of all the doom and gloom on the news. I once unknowingly lost a library card in the Pittsburg Airport and a nice guy mailed it back to me.

I did a quick Yahoo search using *stage.com as the key word, with asterisk.

try this:

"*stage.com"+florida

or "*stage.com"+florida+scuba

A little narrower.

Alright, let me if this works. Here is the photo I spoke of with any sort of identifier. The second shows some beach hotel with no identifiers:

Attachments

• DSCN3215.jpg
    DSCN3215.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 1,653
  • DSCN3301.jpg
    DSCN3301.jpg
    382.2 KB · Views: 1,482
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom